OT- daylight savings time

Except that the Navajo Nation which comprises a significant chunk of NE AZ, as well as portions of NM, UT, and CO does observe DST. If you plan on vacationing in the 4 Corners area, take a dual time zone watch. Sheeesh:)

Reply to
Kai Seymour

Please post that list so I may incorporate it into my retirement planning file!

Seriously.

Reply to
Kai Seymour

I think there are only two. Arizona is one. Don't know what the other one is.

Reply to
CW

Relevance, eh?

I remember those croquet games and barbeques after getting off an afternoon shift up in Alaska.

Whining aside, even Alaska goes daylight so as not to change the time difference between itself and businesses in other states which do.

Reply to
George

Might as well have been.

Had the morals of a Kennedy, too....

Reply to
George

Arizona is one and the part of Indiana that is not close to Chicago is the other. The effect is that Indiana has two time zones when Chicago is on CST and one when Chicago is on CDT.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

from:

"Daylight Saving Time, for the U.S. and its territories, is NOT observed in Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Eastern Time Zone portion of the State of Indiana, and by most of Arizona (with the exception of the Navajo Indian Reservation in Arizona)."

Reply to
Saudade

Arizona, outside of the Navajo Nation, or inside the Hopi Reservation inside the Navajo nation.

Most of Indiana.

Reply to
admin

Actually, a jib can be larger than the main, and it's found on small sailboats also.

Renata

--snip--

Reply to
Renata

Going to work in the dark AND coming home in the dark, sucks big time.

Jim > > Beyond the nuisance factor, though, I wonder how much productivity is lost

Reply to
Jim

NOT going to work sucks too, Jim!

dave

Jim wrote:

snip

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

I knew what you were referring to. Homer then says "what's a jib?"

Frank

don't the new episodes suck?

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

I was close. Three states, not two.

Reply to
CW

Then quit. Stay home all day. Enjoy the light.

Reply to
CW

Close enough. I'll send you a cigar. ;)

Reply to