OT congrats to the Sydney Swans

We're talking Aussie Rules football here. Just picked up the grand final on satellite on Fox Soccer Channel. Two great teams, the other being the West Coast Eagles. I'm not much on watching TV sports, but if you want one, look for Footy. Great view.     g'day,     jo4hn
It was a good game, one of the best finals in years. Low score and it went right up to the final minute.
Groggy.

Sat, Sep 24, 2005, 3:41pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@charter.mahalo (jo4hn) doth sayeth: We're talking Aussie Rules football here. <snip>
Used to love watching that when I was in Bangkok. Don't know for sure, but I was told (by an Aussie, and everyone knows they would never lie) that one of the rules is, no breaking bones on purpose.
JOAT The toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you will have to kiss tomorrow. - Unknown
On 25-Sep-2005, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

JOAT,
Sorry to tell you, but I think your Aussie was either pulling your chain, or he had a few too many VBs (Victoria Bitter beers - YUM!).
AFL does have a number of 'interesting' rules, but that's not one of them.
My favorite is you cannot legally kick another player below the waist...above the waist is not addressed, and if you've ever seen a game, you've probably seen at least one flyer take a mark while kicking the defender in the head/neck/back.
For those you who are old school, I do miss the goal judges in their blazers and hats...the new ball caps just don't seem to have the same flair...*sigh*.
GO ROOS!
The even better news is that the Swans play the Lions (from Brisbane, for you yanks!) in LOS ANGELES CA in January.
WOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOO!
If you are any where near LA, you gotta come see this game - it should be a pretty good matchup, assuming the Lions can get healthy (and they bring Acka (Jason Ackermanis) with them.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Swans-Kangaroos-to-play-in-Los-Angeles/2005/08/19/1124435137605.html