Unfortunately, the scheme came to an untimely end when, after a few months the government suspended the Home Insulation Program after it was linked to the deaths of four installers, 120 house fires, and thousands of safety and quality problems.
It would appear that Australian houses (mainly bungalows) frequently have badly insulated wiring in their loft space. Also, their fusing/protection systems are often ineffective. This, and the fact that some of the insulation packs were metal foil wrapped, had resulted in many electrical short circuits.
Oh well, it seemed such a good idea at the time to the politicians...!