OT: BP - The tip of the iceberg

Bullshit. It's not dense enough and tanks weigh a *lot*. LP, sure, NG, nope.

For *short* range, sure. Like I said, LP is easy, though still not nearly as dense as gasoline or diesel. NG, not so much.

Some are flown because they cannot keep with ground transportation.
Add pictures here
✖

Perhaps not, but it was what we were talking about. You want to pull them out of the ground, hire wetbacks. No electricity required.

Doesn't work for produce or most fruit. They'll (over) ripen in transit.

Try that with strawberries.
Add pictures here
✖

Odd thing is California has been shipping fruit to the east coast since at least 1910.

Didn't need to. They grow there.
Add pictures here
✖

Oranges. Try strawberries. Try shipping by rail from Peru.

All year? Bullshit.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 19, 12:32 am, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Trucks don't. The containers do.
✖

Not produce.
Add pictures here
✖

http://www.railexusa.com/pressroom.php
Add pictures here
✖
On 6/20/2010 5:42 AM, Lobby Dosser wrote:

Seems that in the low-highway-tax US "railex" is doing all of the stuff that you want to impose a high highway tax to force the US to do. But once again it is shown that in the high-highway-tax EU railway frieght is not thriving. So your solution is to take a system that is working and make it more like one that is not working.
Add pictures here
✖

Trucks don't. The containers do.
Read all about it:
http://www.railexusa.com/pressroom.php
Add pictures here
✖

✖
On Jun 19, 12:32 am, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Ever hear of the Salad Bowl Express?
Add pictures here
✖
On 6/19/2010 12:15 AM, Lobby Dosser wrote:

What benefit do you believe results from the use of natural gas? It comes out of the same kind of hole in the ground as oil you know. And it is not environmentally benign.
And are you going to pay the maintenance on those electrified rail lines?
Add pictures here
✖
.

If you need to ask that question, you should not be participating in this discussion.

Yes, we have all seen blobs of NG on the beaches.

We have all seen that thick, black smoke from burning NG, just like burning crude.

Well, whaddayaknow, another strawman.
Add pictures here
✖
wrote: .

If you need to ask that question, you should not be participating in this discussion.

Yes, we have all seen blobs of NG on the beaches.

We have all seen that thick, black smoke from burning NG, just like burning crude.

Well, whaddayaknow, another strawman.
------------------------------------------------------------- Shocking!
Add pictures here
✖
On 6/20/2010 5:48 AM, Lobby Dosser wrote:

In other words you have no idea.

What do you believe is pushing the oil out of the hole in the gulf?

Have you ever actually seen natural gas fresh from a well burning?

In other words you aren't.
And I find it interesting that you have responded twice to this post, once reasonably and once as a smart-ass. Are you suffering from multiple personality disorder or are your children getting at your account?
Add pictures here
✖

Are you telling me that there aren't aren't any benefits to burning natural gas over crude?

The bellows action of a few thousand feet of rock might exert pressure on a liquid body below it?

The smoke you see from a gas well are products other than NG. I burned millions of cubic yards of NG in 4 100MW generators without even a hint of smoke. My gas stove doesn't smoke. My furnace doesn't smoke.

Stupid assumption. You do not know this.

Seeing as your desperation has now forced you to include my children in a personal attack I have no choice but to tell you to go fuck yourself
Add pictures here
✖

Reduces dependence on countries that do not like us at all.

Quite right. There's a documentary some where on the tube on Monday called "Gasland" which delves into just that.

Not me personally, no. Those who benefit will, so in that sense I'll pay my fair share. Just as electric lines pay/paid maintenance throughout history.
Add pictures here
✖
On 6/20/2010 5:47 AM, Lobby Dosser wrote:

Who is "us"? I've been assuming that you are in the US. I was not aware that either Canada or Mexico "did not like us at all". It's the EU that gets most of its oil from the Middle East. The US gets most of its oil from Mexico and Canada.
In any case, natural gas comes from the same places oil comes from.

Through higher prices.
Add pictures here
✖

And we pay market price.

Add pictures here
✖
On 6/21/2010 12:53 AM, Lobby Dosser wrote:

What other price would anybody pay? I'm sorry, but if you have a point you need to explain it.

Add pictures here
✖