OT: BP - The tip of the iceberg

Figure what out?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Regardless of Where we buy oil the Middle East still makes money.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

DAGS

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

And you have a problem with people making money? Are you a Communist or something?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Well, now we know that you know as much about "Great Northern"s as you do about solo circumnavigation.

You do the search and see what it says.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Idiot.

Reply to
Robatoy

I have a problem with money going to those who would see us all dead when we have Other Options.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

When we are discussing US Railroads, which Great Northern do YOU think it would be? You might also look at the Pennsylvania Railroad for another example and query Amtrak re relative costs between the electrified NE Corridor and the west coast route.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Suppose the US ceased to exist. Do you really think that the EU would stop buying oil from the closest source?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Well, there are at least four possibilities. And since you're acting like it was running electrified track for some significant portion of its route that pretty much lets out all of them.

Amtrak doesn't own any track, so they are irrelevant.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I wouldn't care.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

That's interesting. Perhaps you'll share

Oh, so you DO know which Great Northern!

How about the Pennsylvania, do you need an introduction to that railroad?

Well, no they are not.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

I see. So it's perfectly all right for those who you asert "would see us all dead" to make money if we're all dead.

Reply to
J. Clarke

What part of "there are at least four" are you having trouble with?

Not really interested in your attempts at distracting attention from your inability to identify which "Great Northern" you're talking about.

Since track maintenance and how it is paid for is the issue, a railroad that maintains no track _is_ irrelevant.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Oranges. Try strawberries. Try shipping by rail from Peru.

All year? Bullshit.

Reply to
krw

I see. You're either a Moron or believe the dead influence your life.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

THE Great Northern Railway. Then, of course, there was the Milwaukee and the Virginian. IIRC, the Virginian ran uder the wire through the 1960s.

Jeez, you don't understand business either!

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Which four what?

Which one? State where it was located, with a precision greater than "in the US".

And wasn't electrified except for one specific grade that steam couldn't handle. Milwaukee had the same problem. You seem to think that every railroad that ran a hundred miles of electric track is completely electrified.

So explain it instead of sneering, oh brilliant one.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Ah, you've already plonked me.

Have a nice day.