Now Which Miter gauge??

Page 5 of 5
On 6/8/2011 4:57 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Like, O! M! G! Mon, IDNKT! ROTFL
On 6/8/11 4:58 PM, Leon wrote:

However, I'm grown a fondness for STFU and LMFAO! :-)
--

-MIKE-

All The Gear All The Time.
Brittany Morrow, who knows a bit about road rash, is the poster girl <http://vimeo.com/22897515 .
On 6/8/11 5:37 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

Gotcha. Rarely do I see any of the dentists and lawyers on Harleys around here wearing that stuff. I do a lot a young punks on crotch rockets wearing that stuff, but they are usually the ones causing accidents by weaving in, out, and around cars at twice speed limit. When they fly by me, I just wave and say, "See ya at your funeral."
Oh yeah, while we're on the topic, if you're going to ride a motorcycle with that tiny little brake might on the back and cut in front of me, have the brains of a gnat to at least apply a little bit of brake when you're downshifting so I freakin know when you decide to go from 50 to 30 in 1.5 seconds.
--

-MIKE-

Lot of Harley people are about image. I generally see the ones weaving in and out wearing t-shirts, shorts, and flip-flops.

My "tiny little brake light" is brighter than the ones on my SUV.
On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 01:35:13 -0400, J. Clarke wrote:

See, we do agree on something :-).
I belong to a vintage motorcycle club. There's some contention whether the "vintage" applies to the bikes or the riders :-). I know it's a small data point, but there must be close to a thousand years of riding amongst the members. I can't say we've never gotten a little road rash (I know I have) but the only body parts I know of that are missing were replaced due to old age :-).

"Larry Blanchard" wrote

I had a friend who put a Big Mack air horn in a little VW bug beater. He got it from the junk yard. It was big, ugly and LOUD!! He put in an air tank to run it. It took up much of the little trunk in the front of the car. When he blasted that thing off, it got people's attention.
There has been a lot of discussion lately about how electric cars are too quiet and people don't know they are there. So they want to make them put some kind of noise maker on them so they can be heard. I though being quiet was a good thing! I find it interesting because I have always had a hearing problem and have never heard cars very well anyway.
On 6/7/2011 4:38 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Friend of mine has one of the Lexus R-somethinorothers. She asked me to move it for her one day. No problem .... sheeeiiiiit! I tried to start it for ten minutes before realizing it was already running.
Plus, you ever tried to start one of those keyless things for the first time ...?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Have you ever tried to start one of those keyed things without turning the key? Let me tell you now that pressing on the brake and tapping the dashboard does NOT work. :-)
Puckdropper

I recall hunting all over the floor for the starter button the first time I drove something that didn't start with the wee tab on the clutch pedal depressing that button ...

Lobby Dosser wrote the following:

Yep, the push button under the clutch, which was the same as the headlight dimmer button on the floorboard left of the clutch pedal..
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
"Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote in message

In Glasgow, Scotland they brought in trolley buses to replace an aging tram system and some diesel buses. People called them "Silent Death" as, compared to the trams with noisy rail & wheel or the loud diesel engines, the trolley buses were nearly silent and one or two fools did go under a bus. Cartoonists for the local newspapers had a great time with the trolleys.
On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 16:53:22 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard

Not a problem, other Larry. http://www.wolo-mfg.com/truck.htm
-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim
On 6/7/2011 11:53 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

Well then the loudness of the Harley that the motorist is complaining about becomes a moot point.

And they all looking for the guy selling potatoes. :p)

Kudos to the police for that. Too bad it isn't legal to neuter the offending neighbor, too, while you were at it.
-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim

Leonid:
You have second sight. You saw right through my cybernym. But watch that guy next door. If he's going by Edward, he may be a vampire. You're lucky he's not calling himself "George"; that's number one among captured Russki spies. But, "Henry"...are Frenchmen dangerous?
And..now seriously...my pleasure, again. You're welcome.
I'm thinking of calling/emailing the Incramen with the final observations and seeing what they say. If this happens with feedback, I'll pin it to the thread.
Regards,
Edward Hennessey
The real field test would be cutting a piece of scrap. Maybe there's something in the wood pile. In fact,