miter gauge which one

I'm going to upgrade tablesaw miter gauge and it's kind of a toss up between the Incra 1000SE or the Osborne EB-3, any personal experience with either of these, pros cons? Thanks

Reply to
Mike S.

Have the Incra 1000SE Woodcraft edition. Love it. 1/10 degree accuracy. Easy to set up, adjust and use.

I really like the easy fast fence adjustment, can slide it out next to the blade in a couple seconds, or pull it back away from bevel/angle cuts just as quickly and it doesn't affect the accuracy or angle adjustments.

The alignment was perfect out of the box.

The fence has slots for adding you own attachements. I can see a box joint jig in it's future.

The fence stop is a hoot. Even though it is a one piece unit, you can get about 1/2" to 7" difference between the two arms. Very easy to adjust. And with the slotted fence it is easy to add a homebrew stop, instead of clamping a difficult to adjust scrap to the fence.

Drawbacks? They provide a really nice ball head allen driver for all the adjustments, except angle, which is tool less. Need to keep track of the driver. Oh, the fence stop is also tool less. But, I think the Incra is not as rugged of miter as the Osborne. If you take care of it I think it will last forever, but if you have ham handed buddies, or kids, using it I think the Osborne might hold up better.

I had been planning on the Osborne, but the Incra was in stock. A couple other folks in the store had the Incra and really sang it's praises.

Breifly looked at the Kreg, but didn't seem as user friendly as the Incra or Osborne. Looked good for standard angles, but other angles were as difficult to set as with the stock miter that came with my saw. I tinker with segmented turnings and need the ability to cut some not so standard angles.

Reply to
Bill B

Have you looked at the new JessEm? Saw one a couple weeks ago and liked it in comparison to the others - tho I have no experience with anything other than the stock Delta gage.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC