Now Which Miter gauge??

about, that is not your fault. ;~)

behind the miter gauge fence. The fence is not the problem as much as the miter gauge it self, behind

itself is only 6" deep. The incra jigs tend to use up a lot of the bar behind the fence. It appears in

be hanging off the front edge of the TS when cutting wide boards or panels. I see that a possible

take a hands on look.

I have the Incra 1000HD. The miter bar is 17.75 inches. There is only 8.5 inches in front of the fence. The fence is 1.5 inches thick so you could gain some by using a thinner fence.

Reply to
Dan Coby

Leon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

What I have is the same or similar. Switching between left and right of sawblade isn't much of a problem. A bigger one might be that it really needs to have the full width(depth) of the fence on the saw table. And, for smaller things I'd like some better holddown method ...

Opinion of a newbie at the craft, but I have had this miterfence for quite a while ...

Reply to
Han

Mine is indeed the Incra 1000 SE, with a Woodcraft label on it. It does have a vernier on it for gauging 1/10 of degree increments.

Reply to
Han

] Hummmmm, half the length that mine is. thanks

Reply to
Leon

Hummmmm, half the length that mine is. thanks

Reply to
Leon

Do you not find switching the fence extension to the other side a problem/PIA? In my case I might do this 3`4 times a day. With the Kreg you loosen 2 wing nuts, slide the fence and tighten the wing nuts. But then again I have no fence extension.I guess I could leave the fence extension off un less I needed to use it....There is a thought.

For small pieces I use the eraser on the end of a new pencil as a hold down.

Reply to
Leon

IMO they all have some undesirable traits but, for sheer repeatable accuracy I've never been able to beat my Woodhaven ...

I know you don't like it, but mine works and yours doesn't!

Reply to
Swingman

I have a Domino.,... ;~)

Actually I was looking at the Woodhaven, I keep thinking you have the JDS miter gauge. Actually the Kreg is very much like the Woodhaven.

Looks like Woodhaven also uses a brass indexing pin but uses brass in the common indexing holes, perhaps that would prevent the seize problem I had yesterday.

Now if only I could get more details that their web site offers....

Reply to
Leon

Not @you, Mike ... Leon.

Reply to
Swingman

I have a Multi-Router ... take that!

Come and get it. It's yours anytime you want to use it/give it a try. As you know, basically between shops and its not being used at all.

Reply to
Swingman

Leon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Yes it is a pain, but I bet that when you've done it a few times, it'll take less than a minute in all.

Then the fence becomes real short ... Unlessyou fix somekind of auxiliary fence to it, but then /it/ will have to switch between left and right .

THANKS!!

Reply to
Han

Well thank you but I don't want to change you miter slot settings from your saw to mine and then back again....

I am not sure the thing is available any more. I visited all the dealers that Woodhaven listed and none show the miter gauge and one listed the Deluxe as discontinued.. ;~( Next time I am over I'll try to take a closer look.

Reply to
Leon

I have had a Woodhaven basic model for a number of years and it stays where you put it every single time.

The two big setting of 90 and 45 are set with a registration pin and will not move.

I also have my original 1966 Delta miter guage that came with my 12/14 saw and it is "very" accurate even 46 years later.

It also weighs in at about 20 lbs.

I would get on the horn with Kreg...they are very nice folks.

I forget who they bought that miter guage deal from.

Reply to
Pat Barber

Hopefully, that wasn't with a camelcamelcamel, Ed.

Right, not sold at Home Depot. He fooled me at first, too.

-- Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I don't recall the model #, but I have the Incra with the notch for every degree. I bought it without a fence and made my own. I'm happy with it.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

I was already scratching my head. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

LJ:

They spit from the front and kick from the rear. I'll stick to counting sheep.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

Well Swingman has reminded me that his is a Woodhaven and I have been looking closely at those. My Kreg works almost exactly the same way. I liked it because the indexing pin insures you that the gauge is at 90 or what ever every time.

Same here except my indexing pin really would not move. LOL

Already have and they want pictures..

I for get too, I bought the Kreg during the transition.

Reply to
Leon

JessEm is nice, but so is the Incra 1000HD.

Reply to
krw

. JessEm was my first thought, unfortunately their miter gauge is no longer in production.

Reply to
Leon