Now Which Miter gauge??

AND THEN I CALL YOU HENRY. O! M! G!

sorry , sorry, sorry.... I just met a new neighbor whose name is Henry.

Thank you EDWARD

Reply to
Leon

HAHA!! Leon, it appears you have what my mom calls Halfheimer's. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Leonid:

You have second sight. You saw right through my cybernym. But watch that guy next door. If he's going by Edward, he may be a vampire. You're lucky he's not calling himself "George"; that's number one among captured Russki spies. But, "Henry"...are Frenchmen dangerous?

And..now seriously...my pleasure, again. You're welcome.

I'm thinking of calling/emailing the Incramen with the final observations and seeing what they say. If this happens with feedback, I'll pin it to the thread.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

The real field test would be cutting a piece of scrap. Maybe there's something in the wood pile. In fact,

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

I am also claiming lack of sleep. Saturday night a neighbor's 2 Pit Bulls went after it barking non stop from 1:00 am Sunday morning until about 5:00 am Sunday morning until animal control picked one up. Three times neighbors called police, 5 squad cars showed up on 3 different occasions that I know of and I got to meet 3~4 of my new neighbors out in the street at about 3:00 am in the morning. This barking has been an on going problem and it came to a head early Sunday morning. Had the police not come there probably would have been a lenching. We all damn near rioted because the owners of the dogs would not answer the door. One of the dogs escaped his back yard 3 times that night so he was able to spread his non stop barking through out the immediate neighborhood. The police were so pissed that they told us exactly what we needed to fear to legally shoot the dogs.

Reply to
Leon

L:

Insomnia works in wonderous ways. Who was that unsleepyhead who initially got the Incra model he owned wrong earlier in the thread? Oh, me. It happens with everybody.

Somehow related, here's a story for your neighborhood.

A neighbor's dog is barking ferociously at night. The couple next door keeps waking up. It gets to where the blonde wife punches her husband. But he just rolls over and pulls the pillow around his head. Finally, she punches him hard, he does the same thing and she announces "If you're not going to do anything about it, I am." He rolls over.

She rushes out of the bedroom. She returns after a few minutes and triumphantly climbs into bed. The dog starts barking wildly again.

Her husband raises up, looks at her and says "I thought you fixed that." She says, " I sure did. I put that damn dog in our yard. See how they like it now."

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

Sounds like some of the people in my neighborhood. I don't know how people have to be raised in order to have complete disregard for their neighbors. With most people (I optimistically still believe) if they were woken up by their own dog's barking, would immediately be in a cold sweat, thinking, "OMG, what will my neighbors think?" and they'd go out and shut the dogs up.

Back in Ohio, I had two neighbors. One would bend over backwards to help you.... salt of the earth types. The other had a dog that barked all night. One day, I couldn't take it anymore and went over to talk to them about it. They said, "Well, a dog is gonna bark at deer and another animals. They're just being dogs." I said, "That's true, but how about if you take him in for the night." Their reply (not making this up), "If we take him in, he'll keep us up all night, barking to be let out."

Reply to
-MIKE-

Now that is FUNNY

Reply to
Leon

The dogs owner, the wife, told me yesterday that the problem dog was gone. I told her that if the other dog keeps me from going to sleep that I would see to it that they would not get any sleep either.

I am not trying to be an ass but as you said some people are stupid.

Oddly they try to explain the whys. I explained the results.

Reply to
Leon

No better than these idiots with mufflers that make the car louder than if it had no muffler. Or... I may catch some flack for this.... Harley riders. The only purpose of these cars and motorcycles is for the drivers to wave a big flag in the air saying, "look at me, look at me!!"

I'm sorry, but if you drive one of these cars or ride one of those bikes, you're an inconsiderate jerk. If you do so at night or worse, in the early morning hours, you're just a complete moron and a first class douche nozzle.

Reply to
-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote in news:iskb88$7v2$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Those are woodpeckers. Just making noise to say "Lookie!! I'm here"

Reply to
Han

Actually if you were a motorcycle rider and or more specifically a Harley rider you would feel safer on a Harley than the typical Jap bile. I have had 2 Yamahas and a Harley. The Harely was the second bike. I did not ride the Harley for the sole purpose of boosting my testosterone.

Until you have ridden both bikes in heavy traffic you may not understand the advantage the rider has riding a louder bike. I got bumped in to when stopped at stop lights and had more close calls from not being seen on the freeway on the quieter bikes than the Harley. The louder sound from the bike is a defensive feature that naturally comes with the bike. The other motorists may not see you but they certainly can hear you.

Having said that most of the "loud" Harleys are simply running open pipes with not restriction or mufflers. Now those are irritating, the Harley is loud enough with mufflers.

Reply to
Leon

Kudos to the police for that. Too bad it isn't legal to neuter the offending neighbor, too, while you were at it.

-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That may (or may not) have been true in the past, but with the plethora of drivers entombed in their autos with the stereo blasting and/or a cell phone conversation going, your point is certainly not true today.

Fire and police departments around the country have complained about drivers either not hearing or ignoring their sirens. If they won't get out of the way of a fire truck do you really think they'll pay attention to a motorcycle.

BTW, I am a rider and have been for 60 years. My current bike has a fairly loud muffler on it although certainly not a straight pipe. I had another bike that was much quieter. I could tell no difference in driver response.

I have wondered about the availability of a diesel locomotive horn for the bike :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Getting an uneasy feeling about that state of affairs, and after some heart stopping near misses, I was strangely relieved when my Sportster was stolen in 82 and decided not to replace it. Haven't ridden since.

Reply to
Swingman

There's a reason emergency room personnel refer to motorcycle riders as, "organ donors."

Reply to
-MIKE-

"Larry Blanchard" wrote

I had a friend who put a Big Mack air horn in a little VW bug beater. He got it from the junk yard. It was big, ugly and LOUD!! He put in an air tank to run it. It took up much of the little trunk in the front of the car. When he blasted that thing off, it got people's attention.

There has been a lot of discussion lately about how electric cars are too quiet and people don't know they are there. So they want to make them put some kind of noise maker on them so they can be heard. I though being quiet was a good thing! I find it interesting because I have always had a hearing problem and have never heard cars very well anyway.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Friend of mine has one of the Lexus R-somethinorothers. She asked me to move it for her one day. No problem .... sheeeiiiiit! I tried to start it for ten minutes before realizing it was already running.

Plus, you ever tried to start one of those keyless things for the first time ...?

Reply to
Swingman

And they all looking for the guy selling potatoes. :p)

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

In Glasgow, Scotland they brought in trolley buses to replace an aging tram system and some diesel buses. People called them "Silent Death" as, compared to the trams with noisy rail & wheel or the loud diesel engines, the trolley buses were nearly silent and one or two fools did go under a bus. Cartoonists for the local newspapers had a great time with the trolleys.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Well, I've still got all of mine after 60 years of riding :-).

There was a study quite a while back that had some interesting conclusions on motorcycle accidents. See:

those who don't want to read the whole thing, here's an interesting excerpt:

"19. Motorcycle riders between the ages of 16 and 24 are significantly overrepresented in accidents; motorcycle riders between the ages of 30 and 50 are significantly underrepresented. Although the majority of the accident-involved motorcycle riders are male (96%), the female motorcycles riders are significantly overrepresented in the accident data."

No data on 74 year old motorcyclists like me :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard