New totes and knobs

I just got mine, custom made by Mike Taylor_Katy Tx. WHAT an awesome bit of work he did. Pics posted in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking for you inspection.
These are in native cherry, he made the totes extra tall with a cutout at the top where the horn is, for the lateral lever, and made it deeper from front to back for my larger hand.
The knob is the high type yet made to work on the very old Baileys where the base meets the bed without a ring around the outside. The base fits around casting that goes up into the knob's base. The tops are extra wide, again for my large hand.
The reason he can do custom work without further charge is because he doesn't have pieces made, he creates when an order and payment comes in. I think anyone should consider this man's work: http://pages.sbcglobal.net/mike_in_katy/PlaneWood/Default.htm I am seriously considering having him restore my old #8, next month.
--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

You'd have to see these in person to get the scope of the size and quality of them, best price on the 'net too. I think it's the only place to go. I think for sttength and beauty the best choice is the cocabolo, had to keep the budget down on it tho. I chose cherry because of the price and strength, and Lie-Nielson uses it for their planes, so it's got to be good enough. I also do like the classic beauty of it a lot.
--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

I have looked at your site many times Steve, and those are some perfect totes on the razees (nice planes too)!
--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
AAvK wrote:

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

top Dr. Berks in Beverly Hills. Nobody custom crafts tight totes and big round knobs better than Dr. D. (Yes, it would be B for Berks, but everyone calls him Dr. D.)

Oh yeah? Care to share the link, because of search results from such terms are too huge with actual doctors in every part of the country in every field... or is this some kind of dirty joke?
--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com