I need new knobs!!

Hello,

I'm jazzing up some old pine furniture for my daughter's room. I've sanded, am about to print pink daisies on some of the drawer & door fronts, varnished etc etc. (thanks to advice from some of you lot the wood has come up a treat...we're really pleased with the result). However, the door & drawer knobs are looking a bit tired & I thought about replacing them with some plastic pink daisies I thought I had seen (at a very reasonable price) from B&Q. However, I couldn't find them in the shop...perhaps I had imagined them! Does anyone know where I can find such a thing? I need about 20 knobs in total so they can't be too expensive. I've had a look on the Internet & on eBay but everything I've seen so far is about £3 - £4 per knob...too much! Please let me know if you have an idea where I can find pretty girly knobs (preferably pink & daisy-like - to go with a Hello Kitty bedroom for a

5-year-old). Thanks, Jo
Reply to
Jo

In message , Jo writes

You could always keep your original knobs, sand the fronts flat and stick whatever designs you want on the front - making for complete originality.

There are probably loads of ways of doing this, from cutting pictures out of magazines, gluing them onto thin wood which you then cut out and varnish the whole thing before sticking it onto the old knob, to glueing plastic hairclips with girly designs onto the knobs.

Reply to
raden

Homebase?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Well you appear to have the skills to paint pink daisies so why not get plain pine knobs and give them the same treatment? The sheds have them and a few sizes, don't know the cost though...

I have vague memories of flowers on white background knobs as well but I don't think they would go very well against varnished pine.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Try:-

have packs of 10 plain knobs for under 6 quid. You could then decorate as required.

Reply to
John Rumm

I have a big knob going spare ;O)

Seriously though, try googling on "big knobs"

I am sure u will find something to suit your needs. :O|

Reply to
half_pint

In message , half_pint writes

DIY accident ?

Reply to
raden

Here's some Hello Kitty ones...

Suz

"wooden flower pegs"

Reply to
N. Thornton

costs a fortune but look at these - you can specify the colour too

Suz

look! :-|

Reply to
Tim

Yep! I saw these too, but they were a little on the expensive side. I'm still trying to look at Nick's suggestion of the 'wooden flower pegs' in Studio catalogue

but I can't find them!

Jo

Reply to
Jo

Oh go on, brace yourself, you know you want to!

OK, I'l;l have a look for you ... hang on ...

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Yes, daisy-shaped knobs in every colour you can think of. 2" diameter, I think.

Boring or what!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

me either.

Reply to
Suz

Not rising to it.

Reply to
Suz

Another site, price okish

Suz

item number 004-632-64KC but if youve found real knobs theyd be better, save hacksawing the stem down.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton