Are Poulan chainsaws made by Husqvarna

A local guy who rebuilds and sells used chainsaws and other small engine devices, told me that Poulan chainsaws are made by Husqvarna. While this is possible, I never heard it before and wonder if this guy was just "talking shit" to try and make a sale.

Stihl saws used to be considered the "top of the line", but it appears that these days it's Husqvarna, so it's apparent that comparing any saw to that brand is a way to make a sale.

I have not had much experience with Poulan, although I know a guy who owns one and says he likes it, and it's reliable.

My best chainsaws have always been the old Stihl Farmboss. I have several of them, but they are heavy and like to kickback on small twigs. So, I was looking at a small Poulan this guy has for sale. That saw is light and is is made for the branches and small stuff, with it's 14" bar.

Actually my preferered saw for smaller branches is my electric chainsaw, but sometimes I am too far from a power source.

Reply to
Paintedcow

Poulan and Husqvarna are both owned by Electrolux. Whatever you thought you knew about brand names is meaningless these days. Poulan (Green) tends to be the mass maket budget line. Poulan Pro is an attempt to go slightly upmarket, but shares parts with Poulan and Husqvarna, so all you may be getting is a different paint and decals.

Reply to
Arthur Conan Doyle

On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 4:28:59 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wro te:

Poulan is, has and always been made by the Husqvarna company all under the Electrolux company of Sweden. Electrolux just recently spun off Poulan on i t's own. They have been platicky for the past 15-20 years. Even back when P oulan was the preferred "climbing saw" for professional climbers (1970's-19

80's), who didnt want to spend the extra money to afford Stihl or Echo whic h are both better products but also more fussy when it comes to running and weather. Poulans, for the money swere the best valuse. When it comes to ( relatively) mopdern GROUND saws, Husqvarna probably tops the list for value , durability etc.
Reply to
scott_negron