Need source of odd size bandsaw blades...

have an old 14" walker/turner, uses non standard blades. Where can I get some good ones that won't cost me my arm... twh
Check with your local tool store, mine can make them for me. If you want the nice blade try http://www.suffolkmachinery.com/ they are the makers of the "PS WOOD" blades. You can also try here for some specialty blades give them a call. www.jlindustrial.com they have a local store by me.

If you look at the packaging on PS wood blades it say that they are "timber wolf" distributor. I think that the timberwolf brand bandsaw blades are made by www.sullfolkmachinery.com also PS wood uses the same images on their bandsaw blade packaging that is sullfolkmachineries logo. Hmmmm make ya think eh? I Also asked at a wood show and got a very similar response from the PS Wood rep as well. But I could have been misinformed. Just my opinion. I have used blades from both companies and they are both great blades.

Both correct, Suffolk owner "allows" PS to sell his blades at shows per his E-mail a couple of years ago.
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 07:21:04 -0500, "Al Reid"

tomhooper wrote:

It depends on what you consider an arm to be worth. Try Suffolk Machinery at:
http://www.suffolkmachinery.com /
They can make blades to any length.
Try anyone of the websites or call 888-722-7078 (Iturra)
Lee Valley "Viking" http://www.leevalley.com/home/main.asp Olson http://www.woodworkersshop.com/Olson_Bandsaw_Blades_AllPro.htm Olson http://www.shopping.com/xGS-olson_band_saw_blades~NS-1~linkin_id-3062119 Olson http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?cookietest=1&skuV84
......give call Iturra a call at 888-722-7078 and ask for a copy of their catalog of bandsaw accessories, it's well worth a read. I have no affiliation with them except as a satisfied customer.

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:33:39 -0500, "tomhooper"
Your local industrial blade shop and wait a day or two. Costs the same, or even cheaper than most pre-packaged shops.
Lenox will make any length blade you want.

for bi metal blades at only about 18.00 each Bandcraft 18005821328 snipped-for-privacy@woodcraftbands.com
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Thanks alot. I'll try locally then Suffock Machinery. tom