What bandsaw blades?

I am getting a new bandsaw with a 2 horse motor. I know very little about
the ins and outs of bandsaw blades and the type of cutting they do best. The
saw will handle from 1/8 inch to 1 inch in width. What type of blades should
I have? I will be doing some resawing and I will also want to cut some thin
veniers from certain woods. I of course will be using it for basic cuts as
well.
Any insight that keeps me from ruining good blades, wood or throwing away
money would be helpful
Eric
Reply to
Eric Olsen
Check out Suffolk Machinery's web site at:
make the highly recommended "Timberwolf" blades. They have some very good information on bandsaws and blades on their web site. Pay special attention to "Important - Did You Know", "The Six Rules Of Sawing" and "Troubleshooting" on the left side of the screen.
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA
Reply to
Nova
Check out Suffolk machine and ask them for what will suit your needs. In general, three blades will do most of what you need. A resaw blade, a 1/4" blade for most cutting and gentle curves, a 1/8" blade for more intricate work with a tighter radius.
The folks at Suffolk have good prices, will know what works best for your saw and can recommend blades best suited for your work. Get a set of Cool Blocks, take time to set up the saw properly, and get a Quick Crank for setting/relieving blade tension.
your new tool! Ed
Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski
Get a copy of Mark Duginske's "Bandsaw Handbook." It has a ton of information about setting up and using a bandsaw, including advice on how to choose the proper blades for the different sawing tasks.
Reply to
john carlson

Site Timeline Threads

  • Hey folks: Forgive me if this post has already appeared but if so, I missed it...

    Woodworking

  • Was at the local Woodcraft today. As I was walking out, I saw a sign for a sale...
  • last posted in

    Woodworking

  • Was at the local Woodcraft today. As I was walking out, I saw a sign for a sale...
  • site's newest in

    Woodworking