Motor Frame # for Delta 28-195 Bandsaw?

Anyone know the frame # for the model above? If not, I'll call Delta in the morning.

Reply to
W. Watson

Google, type in: Delta 28-195 Bandsaw parts

RicodJour

Look at the motor. Is it a base mount or c face? If it is a 1/2" shaft, it is a 48 frame. If it is 5/8" shaft, it is a 56 frame.

You may find a replacement at McMaster or Grainger.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Tried that.

Reply to
W. Watson

Hard to get to at the moment, but I would think it's a base mount. Axle is difficult to measure, but it appears to be much closer to 3/4", so it's likely 5/8th if those are the two choices.

I have a local dealer.

One morning it just stopped working. I turned it on and the motor just produced a grumbly hum. I've tried replacing rhe capacitor--no change. I can rotate the axle by hand without any difficulty. The switch seems OK. The shaft does not move in and out. Very strange. I've had it 4-5 years and I'd be surprised if I've put 4 hours on it.

Reply to
W. Watson

You may want to try a repair shop. Some motors are not worth fixing but others can be done cheaply compared to a new motor.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

The link above shows a part that is listed as the frame: 1348897 FRAME $104.00

How many frames are there? There's only one listed on the parts diagram.

RicodJour

Hi, Centrifugal switch inside the housing maybe shot. That switch controls start/run mode of the motor. You have to take the motor apart to check it. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

For such a little amount of use it probably doesn't make much sense to buy a replacement motor. Particularly when you can get a reconditioned

9" Delta bandsaw for $80 delivered through Amazon. You'll pay more than that for the motor thorugh Grainger or Delta and you'll have to deal with tax and/or shipping.

RicodJour

The 9" model is a toy. The 10" is a miniature version of a real saw. Huge difference and worth fixing the motor.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Interesting. I'll look into it.

Also fond that there is no frame #. This motor was specially built for them, $78.

Reply to
W. Watson

BTW, what does the switch look like and where in the motor would I find it? The end where the axle protrudes or the opposite end?

Reply to
W. Watson

A new one is $92 including shipping. I don't know if that's expensive or not in terms of motors. The guy at our (only) local repair shop is so busy he didn't have the time to give me the time of day. I think I'll go for the new one, and see what I can do about repairing the old one myself. At least I'll have a lot of wire. :-)

Reply to
W. Watson

Mebbe so. 4 hours use in 4-5 years...? Any way you look at it, either one, it is a toy.

RicodJour