Bandsaw blades

Why do they want bandsaw blades twisted into a small circle rather than hanging on the wall over say a 12 inch radius?

Woodturner550

Reply to
Len Dye

Jim K

Before I learned how to make them into circles and store them in their boxes, the 105" blades hanging on the wall would leap from 3 or 4 feet away to dig their teeth into my clothing and skin. You can't trust 'em out in the open like that. They're way too aggressive and eager to cut. Circle the wagons, er, blades, & put them in a drawer.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

P.S. It protects the teeth too.

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Space.

If I'm going to change blades soon, I'll hang the first one over a couple of hook. If I'm going to not use it for a time, I'll fold it and tuck it away in a box. I just don't have the wall space to hang four of five blades and putting them all on the same hooks would be a real PITA. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Who are "they"?

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I found it a little bizarre that the instructions on the back of the Olsen blades said to throw the folded blade on a concrete floor and let it snap open.

Junior

Reply to
Junior

"they" as in "them" or "us"???

Reply to
mttt

If you have the wall space, that's great. I have a half dozen blades and store them on nails, overhead on side of a rafter, just above my bandsaw. The folding process is almost magical.

Reply to
Phisherman

Shipping those 4' long boxes would become tiresome.

Reply to
Pounds on Wood

I saw what you mean by four foot boxes.. but mine would be seven foot boxes. :)) small GLOAT!

A 1 1/4 inch wide blade is not fun to coil.

Reply to
Len Dye