Starter set of Bandsaw blades

I have a Laguna 1412 bandsaw. What's a good set of blade widths? I'm not specialized in what I will use it for, a bit a resawing now and then, general work, and a bit of small work. I can't bring myself to buy the $100 + blades, too frugal. Is Highland Woodworking the "best" place to get them? I'm not impressed with the ones I've gotten locally.

I like Highland a lot. I use two blades: their 3/16" skiptooth and their 1/2"wood slicer. Thiee two have fulfilled all my needs, from resawing to small stuff, for many years; you won't find a better blade than the wood slicer.
On 4/20/2018 3:01 PM, dadiOH wrote:

Same here. The Woodslicer hardly ever comes off.

With is important but so is "teeth per inch". Call timber wolf and they can give you some good suggestions.
On Friday, April 20, 2018 at 1:27:58 PM UTC-5, sawdustmaker wrote:

I also use the blades from Highland Hardware, but use the 1/4," I have had the Wood Slicer and it worked great, I just have not replaced it as the 1/4" does most of what I would use the Wood Slicer for.
I have an older HF 14", with riser block, and I have never, repeat never, had a Highland blade come off it.
I "think" the Highland blade is the same blade that Stumpy Nubs was touting a few weeks ago. Irrespective, its the best thing I have used, and I have tried all the major brands.