Pencil carving

No information about the carver but well beyond my skill of using a knife to sharpen a point.
https://imgur.com/gallery/OrhZu
On Sunday, April 22, 2018 at 3:18:56 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I don't have any inclination about wanting to do that, but I am curious about what kinds of tools he uses.
On 4/22/2018 3:59 PM, Michael wrote:

A complete set of Festool no doubt. ;)
On Sun, 22 Apr 2018 17:56:21 -0500, Unquestionably Confused

One was dated 1987. Don't think Festool was an option :)

Festool has been around much longer than that.
(PDT) typed in rec.woodworking the following:

    Very small, very sharp ones.
--
pyotr filipivich
On Sunday, April 22, 2018 at 4:59:25 PM UTC-4, Michael wrote:

Bottom right corner. I zoomed in but can't tell what that triangular "tool" is.
Maybe it's because I was distracted by the nicks and blood on his finger tips.
https://i.imgur.com/kYZYfS3.jpg
On 4/22/2018 6:44 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

The tool looks like a # 11 X-acto blade.
On Sunday, April 22, 2018 at 4:18:56 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I love the comments. Two of my favorites:
I can carve a pencil into a slightly pointier pencil
*Accidentally starts writing with it

Dalton Ghetti... http://www.daltonghetti.com/shop.asp?nxt=1&sid 876B93-1522-418E-913A-34EC33648031
Also check out... Salavat Fidai: https://www.salavatfidai.com/sculptures.html
Cindy Chinn: http://www.cindychinn.com/fine-craft/hand-carved-pencil-leads-by-cindy-chinn.htm
I tried carving a pencil, not the lead, a few times. That was hard enough that I would not consider trying the lead.
Hate ot leave a medium out so...
https://www.quartoknows.com/blog/quartocreates/2016/07/25/crayon-carving/
https://www.boredpanda.com/miniature-crayon-carved-sculptures-bryan-edmiston/
https://abduzeedo.com/diem-chau-crayon-sculptures?utm_campaign ed%3A%20abduzeedo%20%28Abduzeedo%20Feed%29&utm_mediumed&utm_sourceedburner