Source for bandsaw blades

Looking for new wood cutting blades for a DeWalt DW3501 and a Wittenborgs

442. Both old machines but serviceable The DW blade is 82.5 inches. Not sure about the Wittenborgs. Google hasn't helped a great deal other than links to Axminster. My last purchase was from AA Smith of Shoreham. I think they still exist. Anyone got any links or recommendations please.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick

I generally buy the ones that my Felder bandsaw uses from them - they have quite a range but I checked the catalogue and the shortest is

3585mm which is too long for you.

However, I have also enquired from

and they make them to order. Not that expensive since they are cut and welded.

Here are some others.

and Sargeant have them in the length you want

£7 - £10 a pop which is pretty good.
Reply to
Andy Hall

Yellow Pages, look for an industrial bandsaw blade supplier - they'll weld anything up to order. Prices and range are better than off the shelf. Read Dugniske's book for a guide as to blade usage, particularly on choosing tooth shapes.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

The DVD's quite good as well, although he does tend to mumble.

Mark Duginske has written several bandsaw books

Bandsaw Handbook ISBN: 0806963980

Bandsaw Bench Guide ISBN: 0806993979

The Bandsaw Book by Lonnie Bird (published by Taunton Press) is also quite good. ISBN: 1561582891

Reply to
Andy Hall

===================== This might be suitable for the DW machine:

Cicero