Milwaukee worm drive question.

I recently inherited some tools from my big brother who had the temerity to die last year. One is a Milwaukee worm drive circ saw (model 6370, serial 368-6054). Unfortunately the gear case is broken where it attaches to the shoe. I can order a new gear case from Milwaukee but getting the old one off is problematic. I removed the switch handle but pulling the electrics from the gear case is more difficult. Does anyone have knowledge on how to do this? Milwaukee supplies a parts list and a drawing but nothing further on servicing this tool. I would like to get this thing running again. A new saw costs ~$150 US and the part is $50 but it did belong to big brother. I have sent an email to Milwaukee with the same question but have not heard back. Anyway...     mahalo,     jo4hn
jo4hn wrote:

Condolences, for sure... :(
Never had one of them apart, sorry. Got a link to the parts diagram to look at and scratch head over?
dpb wrote:

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/PartsAndService/DownloadManuals/All.aspx?ProductIdc70
Click on 54-40-2001 to get the straight poop. Much head scratching required.     mahalo,     jo4hn

Did you look at the other diagrams? It looks as though the next one down on the list is the same. At least the part numbers for the gear case are the same.
Allen
jo4hn wrote: ...

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/PartsAndService/DownloadManuals/All.aspx?ProductIdc70

Yeah, you're right...not much help there. I've never had a red sidewinder so no direct help. I have replaced gears in old Skill 77; but even that has been so long ago I don't recall anything specific about doing it.
I can only suggest that since it had to go together, it _will_ come apart... :)
dpb wrote: ...

Dang! I _HATE_ it when that happens...that of course is Skil w/ one "L"... :(