Worm question

When I was working by the pond today I noticed a worm(well I think it's a worm). But it wasn't your regular earthworm. It was VERY skinny and black. Like the size of a thick horsehair. I wouldn't have known it was a worm if it hadn't of been moving around like worms do. Anyone have any ideas what kind of worm it is, and if it's a bad one? I put it in an old coffee can with some wet dirt because if it was a bad worm, I don't want it 'contaminating' anything, and it's a good worm, I don't wanna kill it.

Reply to
Lilah Morgan

"Lilah Morgan" wrote in news:hLl8i.16043$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

There are bad worms???

Reply to
FragileWarrior

"FragileWarrior"

Reply to
Lilah Morgan

This is probably a horsehair worm, a good-guy. They are parasites of grasshoppers, crickets, etc. Go ahead and put it back where you found it!

Pat Kiewicz

*looks at picture*...yeah that looks like it. That's a relief, and explains why it was by the pond...now I'll just have to cover it with some dirt when I put it back so the chickens/geese don't eat it. Thank you.
Reply to
Lilah Morgan