lubricant for a worm drive saw

Hello.I have a 1952 Vintage Cummins 6" circular saw with worm drive.Any one
have an idea what kind of lubricant would best be used in these old vintage
circular saws.This one is in excellent condition. I'm unsure if I should use worm
drive oil or grease as a lubricant.The instruction on the gear case reads: "Fill
to the mark on the side of the case." Because of this,I"m thinking some
type of heavy gear oil should be used. Also I'm not sure if the saw has the original lubricant
in it.Anybody have some knowledge of lubrication for these old worm drive saws?
Thanks to all who respond
Reply to
thewidowmaker

Site Timeline Threads