Lee Valley Bessey Sale

Page 2 of 2
I'm interested to see if Amazon will match LV's price in the US because AFAIK LV doesn't have a brick-and-mortar store in the US and according to Amazon's price matching policy posted on their website this is one of the criteria for their offer. I just recently ordered a Delta drill press from Amazon when Lowe's was having their 20% off sale and when I called Amazon the rep. asked me for the DP model # and the location and phone # of the Lowe's in my area. He put me on hold while he called Lowe's to confirm the price and after they had he took my order. I got Lowe's sale price plus 10% of the difference between Lowe's sale price and Amazon's price which was like $2 but it was a smokin' deal. I ended up paying about $73 for a DP that I had seen on Amazon for $109 only a month or two before.

Go ahead and make 'em match.... :)
Lee Valley Tools Ltd.
814 Proctor Avenue
Commerce Park
Ogdensburg, New York
13669
That's where all the mail-orders go. It's also a tax nexus for NY state...and the address on our shipping labels.
Cheers -
Rob

I'm guessing this is a warehouse and wouldn't meet Amazon's qualifications. Every online seller has a physical presence somewhere.
Brian Elfert
writes:

Well - there are 6 people there full-time...

... unfortunately it's enough to charge sales tax to NY people (I suggested they move the warehouse to New Hampshire).
I had my first experience with LV this week: put in an order on Sun night, UPS delivered on Tue morning. Very nice.
Also, look at the Gross Stabil clamps on sale at Woodcraft, 25% off list, so 24in clamp for $25.99, 40in for $33.50, and 48in for $35.99
You can get 4 of the $24in clamps for $104 - and shipping is very attractive. Worked up a order for 6 of the 24in and 2 of the 48in, total shipping (FedEx Ground, got here in 2days) was $12.99 for 2 packages that totalled 70pounds in weight
Make a set of setup blocks out of glued up baltic birch ply and save some money over the Bessey's
John

You know, LV has erned my business about a million times over. This bessey deal is just the icing on the cake.
I just wish they sold cars, houses, appliances, TVs, etc. I would never need to go anywhere else.
Simply, the best retailer I've ever dealt with.
Brian

I have 2 sets backordered with LV -- expected shippment on 3/18. Wanting them a bit sooner, I called Amazon.com to see if they would match. They refused saying that they won't match on an item backordered for 2 months. At least that was their excuse. The reality might be that there is just no reasonable margin left for them. Well done LV! As much as I appreciate amazon, it warms my heart to see a company with a human face beat them at their own game.
Lars
On 2005-01-19 23:01:19 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com said:

My two sets just arrived yesterday. Back ordered but actually shipped earlier than predicted. These are the first K-bodies I've ever owned. I don't know how they did it but this is the sale that finally got me to buy, so now I've got 8 of them.

Published e-mail address is for spam collection only. If e-mailing me, use jc631 at optonline dot net
-- jc

I just ordered one set of each... Shipping details are currently:
1. 25"/41" K-Body Clamp Set Promo (17F0601) 1 @ $139.00 - Out of stock, expected April 8, 2005 * 2. 12"/25" K-Body Clamp Set Promo (17F0600) 1 @ $125.00 - Out of stock, expected February 28, 2005 *
Worth the wait. I may order again before Jan 29...