Lee Valley Bessey Sale

Page 1 of 2
As many of you probably know, Lee Valley has a sale on Bessey Clamps - so long as you order before Jan 29.
(go to http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&pQ095&cat= for the details.
The set that is $125 Canadian has two 12 inch clamps and two 24 inch clamps and the setup blocks.
My buddy runs a tool store, and says that the cheapest he's ever been able to get this set for (his cost) is $165.
So how in the world can Lee Valley afford to sell them at $125 ? To make it worth their while, their cost can't be greater than $100.
Great deal - I've got two sets of clamps on order!
Brian

clamps
it
Hi -
Our cost is significantly higher than $100...it's a good deal, especially if you're willing to wait a bit. We've sold every kit we can lay our hands on, and everything the plant can produce for the next month or so...(so far)....
I suspect that we'll soon be booking delivery in March.
In the US - the deal is just as good - though one can come close from Amazon, with free shipping, and the right coupon... we just won't sell at a loss, and are unable to go any lower.
Cheers -
Rob
wrote: <snip>

<shakes head>
If these guys had *any* idea of the size of the bun fight this has caused in far away Australia, and the machinations under way to help us get a piece of the action....
Suffice to say we have felt we missed out due to the tyranny of distance and shipping cost, and Lee Valley are (as usual) doing their best to keep his upside down customers satisfied.
It's appreciated. It is also interesting to observe LV becoming a yardstick for service levels in a country that doesn't even have a store (yet! 30 deg today Rob).
Groggy

Hey, I'm in a CANADIAN CITY that doesn't have a store yet. (-64C with windchill a few days ago, Rob)
On the upside, LV doesn't charge provincial sales tax when I order by mail, but have to where they have a brick 'n mortar presence.
djb
Unless, of course, you live in Edmonton or Calgary, where you have a Lee Valley AND no sales tax! :)
Clint (who moved to Edmonton 6 months ago and still hasn't made it to the Lee Valley yet *sigh*)
wrote:

B,

B,
Hi Dave -
For the first time, I can say you're officially on the list... :)
(and in the top 3)
Cheers -
Rob

WOOHOO!
Oops... You should see the look I just got from SWMBO.
;-)

B,
Gee - I've been waiting all day for that!
Cheers -
Rob
On Friday 21 Jan 2005 12:05 am, Rob Lee scribbled:

No fair! I asked first!
Luigi Current real email is my first name in lower case while the domain is yknet dot ca www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html

Hey, I asked for figure eight fasteners almost a year ago!

Hi Jim -
...saw that....and we added 'em too...!
You're not paying attention!
Cheers -
Rob

... snip

Somehow Rob, I don't think *that's* the look he got. :-)
You've been waiting for a look that sez "Oh, f'ing great... how much more of a drain on the chequing account is *that* going to be"?
Things are just, well, *different* in Ontario then here, I guess.
;-)
BTW, any timeline for moving from "top three" to "any day now"?
djb

B,
......and I've been waiting all day for that too...!
No - no idea, haven't even gone through the analysis/reasoning with sr staff here yet...
It's about 6-8 months once we nail down a location though...
Cheers -
Rob

"bun fight"? Can you help expand the horizon for this poor uneducated, untraveled Amer'cun?
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:43:36 GMT, "patrick conroy"

"Bun fight" - as in a bunch of guys throwing buns at each other.
Oz term, amongst it's meanings:
a meeting where contentious issues are noisily debated. A melee, a turbulent disturbance, a riot,
One step removed from an all-out shit fight.
colloquially yours,
Groggy

One my university professors referred to the little afternoon party in the gym after graduation as the "bun fight". Can't remember if there were any actual buns there, but plenty of profs loading up on cheese and crackers.
- Owen -

Gracias! I'll add it to my repertoire in an attempt to sound more worldly!

Definition is right, but not necessarily "Oz". The term reminded me of Jeeves and Wooster, and a quick Google search turned up: http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-bun2.htm
Paul.
Bought a set from Amazon in Dec, paid 139.99 us, and shipped for free, delivered in less then a week (ordered Sunday, delivered Friday.)
Wrote to them about the Leevally price, will see if they will match price, less 10% of difference, I could always use more clamps.
I'll post answer from Amazon.

clamps
it