Have you owned both a Unisaw and a Grizzley 1023

After googling and googling I have not found the answer to my specific questions.
It is time to buy a new saw. I have owned two unisaws and have been very happy with both. I downsized and sold my last unisaw to the people that bought the house and shop. Last night I lost the bid on another Unisaw by $1.96. The new shop will be ready for tools and I am thinking of buying a Grizzley 1023SLX.
Question: 1. If you have owned both saws how do you compare them? 2. If you have owned both would you buy a 1023 again? 3. Do you see any advantages to either saw?
Thanks for your time and information
Marv
Marvin Wheeler wrote:

Since you've got half the answer, why not take advantage of Grizzly's local referral service?
Barry
B a r r y wrote:

Because it is impossible to compare two people's experiences with two different saws?
er
--
email not valid

Enoch Root wrote:

The OP says _he_ owned (2) Unisaws. That's 1/2 the info, safely tucked in his head.
Then _he_ can personally do a hands-on with the Grizzly. That's the other 1/2 of the info.
The OP himself will become one person with first hand knowledge of both. <G>
Think about it. Once he fingers the Griz, establishing the differences bewteen the two that are important to him, long term info is easily Googled.
B a r r y wrote:

Oh, I didn't understand that he should meet with one of the referrals.
er
--
email not valid

Enoch Root wrote:

Probably my fault, I'm not always clear. But _I_ always know what I mean! <G>
Barry

Where you at? You can come look at mine if ya want.

Yes, I have. I bought the 1023 as my first cabinet saw. The extension had a flaw in the casting and it vibrated more than I liked. A call to Grizzly customer service had a new wing and 3 new belts at my door in a week. I installed both and enjoyed the saw for several years. An old Unisaw showed up and being the tinkerer that I am, I restore her. 1955 model. It ran just as good as the Grizzly. But....it was a Unisaw, so I sold the Grizzly.
There are so many Unisaws out there, its reasonably easy to find one. I became very fond of older Delta/Rockwell iron and tried to stick with it. Its well made.
For new, the Grizzly is a great value. If your ego has to have a Unisaw...better pony up the dollars or find a good used one and satisfy the craving. :-)