Grizzly 1023 Motor Question

Just wondering, what brand of motor comes with the Grizzly 1023 saws?

And please, no conjecture - I can do that... ;-)

And what type of mount. Is it a standard NEMA frame or is it a proprietary mounting design?

Thanks,

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G
7 different models and a web site where you can get the spec sheets and even the Manuals Hmmm

did you try grizzly?

Reply to
HMFIC-1369

It is, on my 1023SL.

No idea on the brand. I'll try to remember tonight and have a look when I get home.

-jav

Reply to
Javier Henderson

Don't be such an ass Hmmm unless you can decipher what a P1023056 Motor

3HP 220V is. I know I would ask the same damn question if I wanted to know because it's NOT in the specs or even the Manual.
Reply to
Jody

I didn't call them to ask, I don't have much faith in telephone answerers as vendors of valid information - but I have downloaded the parts book.

They do not specify physical properties on the motor, only their part number.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Ass? what Are you a dick in search of one? are you that ignorant to NOT think that perhaps the manufacturer changes vendors over time and might not be using the same motor or even change the design in phase? that Joe saw purchased a few years back just might not be THE SAME EXACT SAW?????. Are you really that stupid that you can't call Grizzly and ask them.... They will go and look you know! You can even email them!

So don't be suck a dick and assume I'm an ass. The Best people to go to regarding specs of Grizzly products is Grizzly. How stupid can you really be????

Reply to
HMFIC-1369

Nobody has to assume it, the evidence is here for all to see.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Really I was busting your chops, but to make a point..... Grizzly and everybody else over time and manufacturing will change vendors and designs. The saw Joe bought may not be the exact saw you will buy. If you need an exact answer only Grizzly would have it.

As for their CS it can be difficult, I had problems regarding the specs on their sliding router table. THEY did NOT give me the correct answer so don't waste you time with the them (Customer Service). Go directly to the Sales Department and they will!

Every tool and machine I have purchased from Grizzly works great! I haven't been disappointed..... yet!

Reply to
HMFIC-1369

Yeah Shit that dribbles from the mouth of a troll.......... another dumbfuck!

Notice Troll, that you had nothing of value to add, so maybe if you dicked Judy more often. She wouldn't be looking for ass elsewhere!

Reply to
HMFIC-1369

So Jody of the 7 Different models Grizzly 1023's. Are we talking about

220VSP or 110VSP or 3 Phase? Model S,S110,SL,Z,ZX3 or maybe SLX?

Your ass is showing kid!

Reply to
199.45.49.11

But most will stick with the same motor standards as they are interchangeable from vendor to vendor. It may be a 56 frame or a 143T, etc. If you know that, then you can be assured of a motor from many sources, not a proprietary one. Grizzly, OTOH, does not want you to know that because they make a profit selling replacement parts.

I think it is a valid question.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Any question is a good question only if you ask it to the right people. There are 7 different models

"So Jody of the 7 Different models Grizzly 1023's. Are we talking about

220VSP or 110VSP or 3 Phase? Model S,S110,SL,Z,ZX3 or maybe SLX?"

and you are making an assumption about the motors if you need to know ONLY the manufacturer would have the correct and current information. Grizzly as everybody else is in the business to sell you replacement parts. Online Joe Internet could be full of shit suppose you believe his false information and act on it???

Reply to
HMFIC-1369

Exactly. They aren't likely to alter production parts in mid-stream. The castings of the saw, the brackets, etc. And they wouldn't be able to change motor vendors easily if there were a custom frame.

:-)

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Most of the denizens of this group are REAL, sincere people. It also tends to be a 'family' forum. They do not willingly give out false information. A general consensus would be required for me to act upon it. I'm a grown up, I can determine the value of any information presented for myself. But here, as in life, the number of trolls is increasing.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Did anyone think of looking at the motor spec. plate on the motor it self? That is the usual place to find the wanted info.

Just a thought, Dave

Reply to
wood addict

Hmmm... Yes, I believe that is the information I asked about... Unfortunately, I don't have one to look at.

I want to know, as a prospective purchaser, if it uses a standard NEMA frame, and what brand of motor came with _current owner's_ saws.

I need to know this because motors fail and down the road, I may need another one - or possibly upgrade. I like to have choices, not just be forced to buy what the manufacturer, if he is still in business, is selling.

Is everyone clear on this now? Show of hands... ;-)

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Yes they are standard frame USA made motors that Grizzly ships to Taiwan

Reply to
wood addict

huh?

Reply to
HMFIC-1369

Ignore my last post!! I just went and checked the plate on my 1023SL and it has a tiewawna motor My friends has a made in USA (mine is a year old ) and his is 3 years MMMM crow tastes good !!!!

Reply to
wood addict

"HMFIC-1369" wrote in news:1svaf.1481$zU2.189@trnddc07:

Who's Judy?