Grizzley Lumber storage racks.

Well I spent some of the afternoon putting up lumber storage supports and brackets. I had been looking at the Triton racks but there is no easy adjustability of spacing between the 12" brackets and their capacity is 55 lbs per bracket. On sale at Rockler they were $49.00 per pair. I was in the market for 2 pair.

Anyway I went with the Grizzly storage supports and brackets, actually Shop Fox. The supports and brackets are make from 3/16" thick steel. I bought

4, 4' long supports, 16, 12" brackets, and 4, 18" brackets. The weight capacity of each 12" bracket is 300#'s across the length of the bracket and each 18" bracket is 200#'s across the length of the bracket. I can assure you that the brackets had no problem supporting me while doing pull ups between 2 of the 18" brackets with my hands on the outer ends of the brackets. I weigh a bit over 200#'s and there was not a hint of anything bending or slipping. The brackets are smooth and rounded so lumber will easily slide over the brackets with minimal chance of scaring the lumber. There are approximately 30 locations to attach the brackets each 4' long support. Shipped to my house the cost was about $125.00. A great buy IMHO.

Only one problem with the setup however. the supports that mount to wall studs are wider than my wall studs. I had to add actual width 1x2's to the front of the studs to insure that the supports would mount properly to the studs.

I did consider wood supports and steel pipes for brackets but I really wanted the adjustability that this style storage system offered

Reply to
Leon

I put in the same system and was/am pretty happy with it. No issues with install and it is pretty beefy. Cheers, cc

Reply to
Cubby