Gorilla glue - is it still made?

No. Are you? Did you actually believe that they were a genuine family?
Here:
http://www.x-privat.org/link/6515701.html

I didn't find Lew's post until after I had posted my two cents about the subject.
VK VK

Of course not. That was sarcasm. Don't you have *any* sense of humor?

Odd that all of those votes favored your misguided proposal. I'm sure that was just a coincidence.
<note: that was sarcasm too, Vito>

Uh-huh. Guess you hadn't been reading the group too much lately, eh?
Problem is, Vito, you wore out your welcome here a *long* time ago with your heavy-handed attempts to force change on a community that was, with only a few exceptions, pretty well content with the way things were. No attempt at debate or persuasion, you just barged in and tried to push your vision of the way things ought to be on a bunch of people who neither shared, nor wanted, that vision. Then you disappeared, in a snit, with your nose out of joint, because we didn't immediately fall down at your feet in gratitude for your selfless action in saving us from ourselves.
And now you wonder why you're not welcomed back with open arms.
Vito Kuhn wrote:

No shit, Sherlock?

I am.

Taking care of ourselves and being afraid of our own shadows are two different things. Your whining about the dangers of acetone has no basis in objective reality. It is mere alarmism.

Figured that out all by yourself did you?

Well, you see, we _like_ Mr. Hodgett.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

No, I haven't forgotten one whit of the entire sorry episode.

Nonsense. It was explained to you by many wreckers just exactly how it could potentially have affected it. You chose not to respond to any of it. You chose not to explain how you proposed to moderate things. You chose not to participate in the process at all except to start it and end it. Congratulations.

Please. If it had been for the sake of the group you would never have gone past the RFC stage when almost overwhelming sentiment was against the idea. Especially against it when you refused to offer any thoughts on how the moderation would work.

Well you offered one example of one of our true gentleman here extending his hand. It was far from a universal sentiment. I for one took your proposal as an attack on my place of refuge and am not a particularly forgiving person in such cases. So my disinclination to "encourage you to stick around" gives the lie to the "everyone" you allege.
Shoot, you weren't around much before the debacle and this is your first appearance since, so I don't see that you are much of a contributor in any event.
In another post you complained that Mr. Hodgett had made the same claim and didn't get hammered. Well, he is a wreck family regular and entitled to a little slack. He'll figure out he's wrong from the thread and won't repeat the transgression. You, on the other hand, are not a wreck family regular. In fact, you're two for two in stirring up shit.

Not when the dogs are spouting BS. I don't think this group is for you.

No, there are official reports and then there are unsubstantiated scare allegations. You chose to promulgate the false allegations. You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

I'm guessing you ground your PVC dust collection system. Same Chicken Little nonsense.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

That says much about your attitude, which is not very Christian like. I will pray for you.
VK

If you'd been paying attention here, Vito, I think you would have seen a couple of posts in which LRod states clearly that he's not a Christian.
(LRod, my apologies in advance if I have you mixed up with someone else)
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:13:44 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

No offense taken, Doug, however, I sort of doubt that I ever came right out and said that, for a variety of reasons. For example, people like Vito become downright abusive when one does say that; even calmer and more rational but still prosletyzing x-tians get quite agitated when one does say that; mainstream people who prefer to keep their religion a private matter (as it should be, in my opinion) get a little uncomfortable when one does say that.
As a matter of general practice I have a long and fairly public record of not discussing my religion (if any) in a woodworking forum for what I consider the obvious two reasons: it's not on topic, and it's no one's friggin' business.
All of that said, I pride myself on my morality and ethics which are pretty generally in line with those of christianity (as well as most major religions), so the insult would not be from you, Doug, for having possibly misinterpreted something I may have said, but from Vito for not only being judgemental but for making assumptions about someone whom he has never met nor exchanged discourse with.
Anyway, Vito can piss off as far as I'm concerned. Doug, let's you and I go beat up on Toller some more.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

In other words, you're NOT a practicing Christian. I figured as much.
I've got news for you, my brother. We're all Christians, even though unfortunately not all of us are "practicing Christians". There is only one God, and he is in three parts (The Father, Son and Holy Spirit) and we are all his children.
VK

I don't see him saying that, I see him saying it's not relevant here. Nor is my attendance record, by the way. Nor is yours.
What is your actual goal in being here, Vito? Be specific. What do you hope to accomplish? What wisdom can you offer us? Why should we bother with you?

I joined this thread to answer a question. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think my answer was helpful. Then I shared a health disclaimer and I was harped on like a blue whale.

Nobody is forcing you to do that. You obviously have a strong dislike for me, which is not mutual. There probably isn't anything I could say or do that would change your opinion of me.
I said what I had to say about Gorilla Glue and acetone. I'll leave it at that. Marco is capable of coming to his own conclusion, I'm sure.
VK
VK

Your answer was unhelpful, it was spreading your guess as if it was fact. That guess is demonstrably false. Giving out false health information on the Internet is, while not unique, certainly not something to be applauded.

Because you're wrong.

Maybe if you'd contribute signal rather than noise...

If that's the best you can do, I guess that answers my question.

You didn't "share a health disclaimer", Vito, you repeated what amounts to an urban legend.

Maybe not. If you're interested in changing people's opinions of you, though, here are a few suggested starting points: - apologize for your earlier attempts to force new groups on a community that didn't want them - admit that you were wrong to do so, and stop trying to justify it - apologize for ignoring the massive protests that arose at the time - admit that you posted false, alarmist ravings - stop trying to defend having done so under the guise of "sharing a health disclaimer" - don't post until you have something woodworking-related to say - invest yourself in developing a more humble and contrite spirit

And Dave, and I, and others, have said what we had to say about you.
Vito Kuhn wrote:

Have you ever made anything out of wood? Anything at all?

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Vito Kuhn wrote:

Sez you. Prove it.
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
snipped-for-privacy@pobox.com wrote:

ROFL... but that's almost like fishing in a barrel, isn't it?

sure
Oh lord... we just went through this. Here - take a short cut and read this.
http://www.bu.edu/es/labsafety/ESMSDSs/MSAcetone.html#anchor888417
It's always better to be informed.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

You're not really serious with these links, are you?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Would that then be "Vito and the Salutations"?
Guess I'm giving away my age...
Joe
aka10x

We answered all cordial queries for information. We made it clear from the beginning that we would not reply to flamers.

My story is no secret, and yes, my living situation is very sad indeed. If it makes you feel better to know that I face daily challenges that you will (hopefully) never know, then so be it.

You already posted it all over usenet, no need. I thought you volunteered to be a votetaker? That never happened, no surprise either.
VK

No, it is not, and you're flaming again.

Do yourself a favor and attend church services on Sunday. Maybe then you will learn to be less abusive to people less fortunate than you.
VK