Dissatisfied with Lee Valley order

Page 4 of 6

Ahhhh...it takes a village! lol
Hope ya'll have a nice week...
Trent
βœ–

I've had UPS drop off a package at the front door and not even ring the doorbell when I was sitting in the living room. Heck, once I was standing out on my driveway and saw the guy pull up. He proceeded to put the packages on the step and didn't even have me sign for it.
I'm pretty sure some of those packages were insured.
Brian Elfert
Add pictures here
βœ–

Does "insured" mean a signature is required? I thought "insured" meant "insured" and "signature required" meant "signature required". Silly me. ;-)
Dennis Vogel
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:10:06 -0400, "Dennis snipped-for-privacy@patmedia.net"

Most of the time insured packages have a signature required for proof to the insurance company that the package was delivered intact. Not always the case, but unless it is something cheap a responsible shipper will (should) require a signature. Insurance fraud is pretty easy on shipments because it's easy to say you never got the package and hard to prove you did.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
Add pictures here
βœ–

Gun collectors (I am one) deal with this all the time. Firearms and ammunition are normally shipped "adult signature required", but the only times I've ever actually encountered a delivery critter were when I was at my computer desk 12 feet from the front door. I'd hear the doorbell ring, get up, and barely see them before they reached the end of the sidewalk. They're *fast*!.
You should hear the horror stories on the collector mailing lists: valuable firearms delivered without signature, left outside in the weather on the back deck, reported "stolen in transit" to the BATF, only to be discovered as a rusty mess some weeks later. Or (worse), propped up against the front door in full view of the street. I've opened the front door for my kids' friends dropping over after school, only to discover 1,400 rounds of 8mm rifle ammunition "hidden" under the welcome mat (it's rather like hiding a bus under your living room rug).
Like lots of people, we only use the front door for guests and pizza delivery. But when I order something, I check it every single day, while also tracking it online.
Kevin
Add pictures here
βœ–
Kevin Craig wrote:
<snipped>

I guess my delivery guy is more conscientious than yours. I had an order for approx. $2,000 worth of computer parts delivered while it was raining. He didn't want to leave it on the front porch or exposed to the rain. Several days later, after "not receiving" the order, I called and was informed it had been delivered to the back deck. After not being able to find the package, I opened the lid on my gas grill. There was the package. I'm glad I wasn't in the mood for a steak between the time the package was delivered and me finding it.
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA
Add pictures here
βœ–

Many of the guys on here get the same delivery guy most of the time...and probably don't even know his/her first name!
Turn the 'delivery guy' into a person...and you'd be surprised how great the service can be.
Oh...and just like YOU, he/she has a bad day occasionally, too. If his bad day is your delivery day...oh, well! lol
Hope ya'll have a nice week...
Trent
βœ–
here get the same delivery guy most of the

I agree with this 100%. I've gotten to know the UPS deliver woman that usually comes to my area and when she rings up and I'm not home, she always tries a neighbour I know that lives in the same building. It's saved my ass more than a few times.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Hoyt:
If as you say FedEx has a "habit" of leaving packages outside of your door, it seems that you should develop the habit of checking there before leveling a complaint as you have here. My 2 cents.
Paul

Add pictures here
βœ–
Well good for you to acknowledge what really happened here Hoyt. I suspected that we would never hear from you again after your first post. BUT, since you were totally aware that FedEX has a bad habit of leaving packages just outside your door with no notification to anyone, whose fault was it that some one did not check to see if this had happened again? When I have this type of problem I Always consider what I could have done wrong first and then find out what really happened.
Anyway, perhaps your future posts will be better received and enjoyed by the group.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Leon responds:

Watch your butt, Leon. Ol' Upscale is going to let you know you are perfectly bored.
Charlie Self
"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." Samuel Johnson
Add pictures here
βœ–
Charlie Self wrote:

I drilled a hole once that I thought was perfectly bored. Now all I want is the perfect board. :)
Add pictures here
βœ–
Joe Shmoe responds:

Yeah, but like most of us, you'll settle. If you don't believe that, look straight down after you pass 60. :)
Charlie Self
"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." Samuel Johnson
Add pictures here
βœ–

Ah Charlie, you got your order of lookin at things mixed up... That is CRS syndrome. If you recall, you are supposed to look at a pretty girl first and then look straight down...;~)
Add pictures here
βœ–
Leon writes:

Wimmen got zip to do with it. Unless I lean forward, I can't even see my damned toes!
Charlie Self
"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." Samuel Johnson
Add pictures here
βœ–

OOOoooohhhhh... ;~) Not quite, but pushing 50, I now understand... I suspect that I will better understand as the years go by. I can still see my toes but it is getting harder to touch them...
Add pictures here
βœ–
Leon notes:

Oh, I can touch mine. I just squat down and reach around. Then my wife helps me up.
I never really gained much weight until I quit smoking something like 15 years ago. Whoo, did I make up for last years then.
Charlie Self
"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." Samuel Johnson
Add pictures here
βœ–

ROTFLMAO...
Untill I was age 23 + 8 months...give or take a week I absolutely never weighed more than 132 lbs. I'm 6' tall and I was shall we say SKINNY, but quite strong in my upper body. I worked in a tire store in the early 70's doing a lot of manual labor. Then I took a nice job and the manual labor cut back dramatically. Before I was 24 I weighed 165 lbs.. and since then,... well you know.. ;~)
Add pictures here
βœ–

You mean it gets worse when I hit 60?
Add pictures here
βœ–
Scratch Ankle Wood wrote:

It's called a dickdoo. Your stomach sticks out further then your dick do.
(apologies to the sensitive groupies)
Add pictures here
βœ–