Bosch 4410 Mitre Saw

Hi

I've been looking at the Bosch 4410 Mitre Saw as a replacement for my old "not so professional" Black & Decker Professional 10" saw. Does anyone have any experience with this saw? How is it for accuracy, especially repeatability of cuts for things such as picture framing. It does not take too much of an error in the cutting angle and the frame just does not go together. I am looking for something that will not take too much time in setup to get the angles correct, what with having to change to the opposite angle for almost every cut.

Also, with all the bells and whistles (like the up front controls for the compound angles, micro adjust for the stops, stop release, etc) how does this machine stand up?

Any replies would be appreciated.

Thanks Allan Bartel note: remove the spam to reply.

Reply to
Allan Bartel

Allan -

I have had this saw for about a year, to replace a DeWalt 708 that got ripped off. I loved that DeWalt, but the upfront controls of the Bosch and better finesse of the controls and stops sold me.

Deadly accurate for bevel, miter and compound cuts, comes with a good blade and lots of power. THIS one is BOLTED to my large immovable bench and I mashed the threads for good measure. I'd recommend it without hesitation. The only reason I haven't replaced the blade with a Forrest chopmaster is that I think the results would be *SO* beautiful I might cry, and I don't want to get any rust spots on the top of my tablesaw.

HTH

John Moorhead

Reply to
John Moorhead

On Mon 07 Jun 2004 07:13:13p, Allan Bartel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@shawnews.wp.shawcable.net:

I've got the discontinued model 3915, the predecessor to the 4410, and I'm very happy with it. Tough little saw, keeps its calibration, and just *feels* good to use. Can't believe the 4410 could be anything but better.

I played with one at the wood show in St Paul a couple months ago. I really liked that handle. More comfortable than mine. By all means if you've got the extra 200 bucks, I don't think you'll be disappointed with the deluxe model. I'm still at the stage where I need to get decent machinery as cheap as I can, so the 3915 was my choice. No regrets, but if I coulda come up with another two bills, I woulda.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

I've had the larger Bosch 4412 for about a year and a half, and like it just fine. The 4410 seems every bit as good, and I really like the idea of its fine tuning dial. I can't imagine how anyone wouldn't be happy with it.

With the 4412, 4410, and the new series of non-sliding compound mitre saws, it seems like Bosch has assembled a lineup of saws that would be hard to beat.

Rob

Reply to
Basic Wedge

Allan, I have no first hand experience with the Bosch saw but as a point of reference, "Wood" magazine reported on a shop test of 7 SCMS models in their March 2004 issue. The Bosch 4410 was rated as the "Top Tool". The Hitachi C10FSH was given the "Top Value" rating. Their list of High Points and Low Points for the Bosch can be found on page

77 of that issue.

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch