Another reason to not shop at Lowes

Page 5 of 5
If the store offered to replace the blade, and you took them to court anyway, much more likely that the plaintiff would be assessed costs, don't you think?
If the store offered to replace the blade, and you took them to court anyway, much more likely that the plaintiff would be assessed costs, don't you think?
If the store offered to replace the blade, and you took them to court anyway, much more likely that the plaintiff would be assessed costs, don't you think?
If the store offered to replace the blade, and you took them to court anyway, much more likely that the plaintiff would be assessed costs, don't you think?
If the store offered to replace the blade, and you took them to court anyway, much more likely that the plaintiff would be assessed costs, don't you think?
Get a Lumber Wizard III. It will easily and quickly detect metal in wood. Any wood may have embedded metal in it.

If you couldn't see the nail how would Lowes have seen it? You need to get a "wizard" metal detector and check anything you're going to cut. I think mine was $75.00 and it has saved jointer blades, planer blades and.............you name it. I bought some chestnut that came from an old barn recently and it must have been the target for turkey shoots it had so much lead shot in it. Robert Smith Jacksonville, Fl.
X wrote:

Hey Robert,
I'm setting up shop in Gainesville, FL and was wondering where you usually buy your lumber? I'm looking for a good supplier.
Thanks, Tim
Well, just where in the hell WOULD you like to buy your two-ba-furs??
Chalk another one up for Lowes- even offereing to replace your blade- class act!
-Dan V. in Indy

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:05:28 GMT, the inscrutable "X"

Have them send off the WWII for repair and/or sharpening (by Forrest) and provide another blade for you in the interim. It's only fair.
---------------------------------- VIRTUE...is its own punishment http://www.diversify.com Website Applications =================================================
So what do you want Lowes to do? Run every single board through a metal detector? For what? To catch the errant nail in one out of a hundred thousand boards? Then your $1.95 2x4 will cost you 4 bucks and you'll be whining about the high cost. They offered to replace a blade THAT WASN'T EVEN DAMAGED. That's stealing, if you had taken them up on it (which I'm sure you would have if they could supply a WWII).
Shit happens once in a while. Deal with it.
And I"ll bet you've been back to Lowes six times since this happened.

Mike: If they can't get the blade, ask for an in-store credit for an equal amount. Say, $100. And then buy something in a package.
Bob

Lowes. I still was able to use the board, so, I really did not suffer any damages. It's just the thought that this sort of thing is done, probably by Lowes vendor.
Mike
X wrote: ...

You <must> be kidding!!!! You really think a wholesale mill is going to go through and tack together a minor split in the end of a tubaX? What parallel universe are living in? :)
Most likely it was done by another individual who then returned his excess material after is project was over as another poster has already postulated...it's <highly> unlikely it was done even by an over-zealous Lowe's employee....
You're making mountains of molehills here...

service, as some companies would have given you another 2x4 after waiting an hour..
No harm, no foul??
Besides, Lowes is on my "great place" this month.. My wife offered to pick up a can of Johnsons wax for me.. looked at wally world, k-mart, HD, OSH, etc., etc. and couldn't find it.. (she found me a can of some strange white "non-skid" wax that I put on a high shelf, in the back)
I walked into Lowes and they had the wax (and more other waxes than I expected) Cool!
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing