Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Thanks from a vet to other vets
On this Memorial Day, I want to thank all who have served in the US Armed Forces. MJ U.S. Army 1967 - 1971.
12
12

The hardest part of getting work done is
The hardest part of getting work done has to be Starting! --while I was tidying-up I figured maybe there might be one person who needed to hear that---mostly I was just listening to myself think. I...
10
10

Milwaukee worm drive question.
I recently inherited some tools from my big brother who had the temerity to die last year. One is a Milwaukee worm drive circ saw (model 6370, serial 368-6054). Unfortunately the gear case is broken...
5
5

$100 K clamp set is back
Kevin wrote in news: Please post a link - I looked at the site and didn't see them on sale. Thx
7
7

Entry door
I want to make myself custom wood entry door. What wood to use? The house entrance is covered by the porch overhang 5' deep roof. My house is very energy efficient, I put a lot of effort into E4...
8
8

Sealing edge of particle board
Thats what I use and have used it on plywood to. works great.
52
52

I am closing my eyes
Neighbour next door has a small portable table saw, blade cranked all the way up. He is plunging pieces of branches from a tree into the blade from above. *yikes* I don't want to get hit with flying...
36
36

OT: Playing in Waco & Fredericksburg, TX This Weekend
My new gig takes me to the country of Texas, this weekend. Who knows, some of you may be close by. Come on out and say hi. Sat night show in Waco is some sort of benefit and might be a little...
7
7

Dowelmax 6mm Acessory Guide Kit - Mini-Review
Updated my existing review of the Dowelmax with a mini-review of the 6mm accessory drill guides http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/dowelmax.htm

Madagascar's Rosewood Threatened
New York Times reports Exploiting a political crisis, Malagasy timber barons are robbing the nation of its sylvan heritage, illegally cutting down scarce species of rosewood trees.
9
9

Cabinet door help
I need some suggestions of where is a good place to order custom cabinet doors. I have built an entertainment center and need raised panel doors made from red oak. Tom Inspiration can be found in a...
5
5

"Ripping" baseboard on a router table?
I need to "rip" some 3" high baseboard down by about 1/4". This is your basic home-center baseboard. I don't have a portable table saw, but I do have a router table with 2 fences. I figure I can run...
55
55

What is it? Set 338
Telegraph key - Wikipedia
46
46

Slightly OT: Playground Border
RE: Subject SFWIW: The complex where I live installed a playground about 4 years ago which includes a swing set and a slide. They surrounded the play area after scraping away the grass with a 5 ft...
36
36

re-crowning
I'm a career carpenter who made a mistake in building an exterior gate today. This is what the agte looks like in fortran: E:gcc_eq32>out rough opening is 36.000000 encasing is 2.5000000 finished...
4
4