I am closing my eyes

Neighbour next door has a small portable table saw, blade cranked all the way up. He is plunging pieces of branches from a tree into the blade from above. *yikes*

I don't want to get hit with flying body parts.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe."

- Frank Zappa

Reply to
joeljcarver

He must have heard such use was worth about a million and a half...

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Gee so does mine, guess lack of common sense is universal and international? So far he has all his parts though.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

I'd comment to them, except they barely speak english. Hell I'd even loan them my Dewalt corded reciprocating saw, seems like a safer choice. They have a Cordless B&D Firestorm POS recip, they seem to have stopped using when the table saw came out.

My windows are open, I am sitting inside cringing every time I hear the table saw fire up.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Maybe he has the meat protector installed.

I don't want to get hit with flying body parts.

Reply to
Josepi

How about taking some videos? They may be worth some $$ to the saw manufacturer should said idiot sue for defective design or some BS like that. At the least they would be quite interesting to watch via youtube. Art

Reply to
Artemus

I wonder if the sawstop folks suggested that approach.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

That was my initial thought. Why don't the manufacturers put a bark detector on those things? Irresponsible bastards.

Reply to
-MIKE-

If he ultimately cuts a body part off, he will probably hire a lawyer who will sue the saw manufacturer.

Inadequate warnings in the manual regarding chopping up tree limbs, and limb guard was defective

RonB

Reply to
RonB

If you take videos, then you get hauled in and sued for not showing the diligence due, by giving them sufficient verbal warnings of safety hazards you have observed. Your video would prove you were aware a hazard existed and did nothing.

When you did go over to warn them and they told you to piss off, you would be guilty of not stopping them with a baseball bat, demonstrating the diligence due to stop them with "whatever means necessary".

If no accident occurs you may be guilty of assault with a baseball bat (American style).

I think you were out of town when it happened...weren't you?

This thread will self destruct in 5 seconds.....

Inadequate warnings in the manual regarding chopping up tree limbs, and limb guard was defective

RonB

Reply to
Josepi

------------------------------------- Think I'd at least try.

If they end up hurting themselves and you don't make the effort...............

Lew .

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

It has gotten worse, they are beyond hope. Ripping 1x4 PT into approx 1x1, one guy in front of the saw feeding, one guy behind who starts pulling the wood through the blade. They are attempting to pinch some wood lathe at the top sections of a fence.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Growing up in the 50's & 60's with a coal furnice .It was amazing I never lost fingers using the saw my mom & I used for cutting kindling wood., It was an arbor on two pillow block mounted under an old peice of table top. I remember one day driving my dad's Model A tractor out of the shed and into the garage and running over the saw. After that I had to use one of those one man cross cut saws that was taller than me. I was age seven. Now that I am in my 60's I've clipped both thumbs on my table saw ,And it has a gard on it. Oh to be seven again. Jerry

Jerry - OHIO

Not if I'm on the jury...

Nor would the McDonald's coffee idiot have been awarded. I consider that one close to a Darwin award - that level of stupid is a terminal condition...

John

Reply to
news

------------------------------ I'd still try, but that's me.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Oh to live in the USA. I've got a burn on my arm that I got by reaching up and tipping a cup of coffee off a table. I was only a year old at the time. But, from the all the ridiculous law suits I hear about in the USA, I probably could have sued and have lived on easy street the rest of my life.

Reply to
Upscale

...and if you loan them the reciprocating saw and they get hurt...

Reply to
krw

Sounds like an old Red Green skit.

He threw peices of wood at that saw and they bounced off the spinning saw blade. It made me cringe. It made a metallic ringing sound each time the wood bounced too. It gave me the heebie jeebies.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

This is Canada, not the USA, but I don't need to get accused of handing him a different weapon, and lord knows I ain't doing the work for them.

Reply to
FrozenNorth