Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: What Is It? Old Car Version
SWMBO and I went for a hike in a nearby county park. In amongst the trees, the wildlife and the Eagle Scout bridges across the winding creek, were a few vehicles that could use a little Bondo. It was...
10
10

External triple layer oak jamb - 4cm thickness
Hello, What advice do you give me for this triple layer oak jamb- 4cm thickness, 4 years old, given with semi-waxed varnish (water based)? It withstood well over 3 winters, completely exposed to hard...

Update, Plus
Anyone have a project going? Checked on the chestnut trees this past weekend. I had planted 10 trees. 4 trees are doing well. 2 others are questionable, something seems to have damaged them, so not...
8
8

Fluorescent fixtures
I just read the instructions (dumb idea, I know) for some fluorescent fixtures I bought sometime back, for my shop. Anyway, it says the fixture is only for 2700K, 3500K, and 4100K tubes. Why does the...
5
5

OT - Is My Refrigerator Broke?
I'm sure there's a fridge tech hanging around here someplace. I have a 17 year old GE, bottom freezer. My ice maker is internal to the freezer, no through-the-door ice or water. The ice maker dumps...
30
30

Nailing crown to furring strips on block wall
Anyone got any tips?
3
3

Air compressor learning experience redux
I mentioned in a thread couple-three weeks ago "Learning Experience" that a compressor kept running owing to relief valve failure that I'd had the one here not cut off at pressure... So, finally got...
3
3

owners manual for 5014 cutter grinder for Rockwell and Porter Cable (2023 Update)
Hello! I finally found and purchased a used 5014 for sharpening spiral cut planer blades. Either I do not see what I'm doing wrong, or something is slightly bent. The cutter engages the far side of...
1
1

New Festool impact driver
Hey Leon, have you seen the new Festool impact driver? $199 doesn't seem like that far out of line, though it doesn't include batteries at that price ($349 w/charger and two batteries).
2
2

Saturday Matinee
'Wood Carving - TOYOTA Land Cruiser V8 2020' Wood Carving - TOYOTA Land Cruiser V8 2020 (New Version) - Woodworking art. How to carve a wooden car? Please watch our video. Our products are sold all...
2
2

Glue Knowledge
As woodworkers, we all have plenty of experience with glue. Here is a video I stumbled over that is somewhat entertaining, and gives you something to do while the Government has you bent over...
10
10

Bed Foundation - Am I missing something?
I have two mattresses that need a foundation. Looking at them online, they're around 100 dollars each. However looking at how they're built, it appears they're just some wood slats on a simple frame....
21
21

Infinity Bits
Anyone ever use Infinity router bits? I saw an ad and did a search. Found them on Amazon. Wanted input on actual usage. Thanks...
15
15

This guy is really into working with wood.
Check this out Calling it "Amazing Art with matchsticks" does not do Patrick Acton's sculptures justice. Over the past 40 years, this Iowa native has been building some of the world's biggest and...
7
7

Panasonic drills/drivers
I owned a Panasonic drill/impact driver back in the early 2000's and it was absolutely the best I've ever owned. I think they had 3.5amp hour batteri es - nickel metal hydride - but they lasted...
23
23