Subject Author Posted Replies

heavy duty wood planer
I have a large pile of very large wood barn beams, approximately 8x8x24', that I want to use to build a post and beam addition to our house. I want to plane them to a uniform size before we begin, and...
4
4

mantle clocks
Can anyone help- looking for plans for mantel clocks Thanks thom
3
3

Legacy of tools - who gets them?
No need to get snippy. He didn't say the friend was the ONLY person to inherit from his estate. And he said he "told him that he can keep what he wants." That's not the same thing as leaving it to him...
43
43

Anticipation...
So today a package arrived, Chester Tool Works, ah yes. So now I have the plane hammer, and I await Mr. Knight's work on my behalf. A pocket plane and a coffin plane. Sometime in February..... Mark...
1
1

Ping: sandblasters.Andy?
Me too. I'm Andy (well, I'm one of them) but I haven't done any sandblasting, or any work with Corian. If I had to guess, I'd say paste wax or auto polishing compound would put a nice gloss on corian...
7
7

Preventing Snipe?
If the board isn't to wide try feeding it into the planer at a slight angle. Ted
18
18

ToolsForWoodworking.com
Anyone know what has happened to this company? I placed an order several weeks ago. Never received acknowledgement. Sent them several emails, the last one being returned by administrator as "not...
5
5

Attaching Build-in Bookshelves
tall bookcase is resting on the floor, and screwed into the side wall and layout benchwork (which is screwed into the studs on that wall). The smaller bookcase is screwed into the big bookcase, and...
13
13

OT News server problems
Thanx for asking. But now... I'm gonna cry. You wanna come over and help me catch up? I haven't even started the "infrastructure". Though, this time, if the price is right, I may just hire an...
18
18

Pencil art?
http://www.infofreako.com/jad/enpitsu-e.html

Ply blade and problems
I have the Piranaha in my saw and rarely take it out. Cuts surprisingly well and is cheap. I have no reason to try any other blade.
15
15

Craftsman 10" Table saw... Still working on it...
Thought I'd share my progress with my Craftsman 10" table saw... Had a few close calls and decided that I really should have a guard on the beastie... Did a little prowling thru the archives and found...
11
11

Woodworking efficiency and drum making
I ran across this on YouTube and thought some of you might enjoy this. 's hogging out wood, and then there's hogging out wood. Factor in resourcefulness, thrift, ease of setup and economy of motion...
1
1

Shopsmith - need forum site please
Does anyone know of a good forum site to sell a used Shopsmith Mark V model 510 ?? Thanks, Sue
4
4

Table Creation
I am building a table using 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" x X (meaning the height of each block is defferent but ranges from 2-1/5" to 5") blocks of walnut creating a butcherblock top. The top is 40"x80 so there...
1
1