Subject Author Posted Replies

kitchen bench in teak
Hi all. I'm building the work bench of my kitchen in TEAK (just out of curiosity, not teak "burka", but another cheaper type of teak). I'd like to finish it with oil, but maybe it doesn't need. Could...
4
4

Toronto Woodworking Show
see those evil Lee Valley People will be there too. Best I count my pennies and check the weather radar... it's snowing pretty darn serious out there now.. with some (Yehaw, Yippee) ice pellets and...
8
8

PC 892 Router Question
Hello all, I recently bought a PC 892 router and I have a question about the depth adjustment. I loosen the motor clamp, push the "rack release" knob, and zero the bit. Problem is, when I release the...
8
8

Re: FAQ - Vito Kuhn
You don't like the feel of wool on your eyes? I guess the rumors aren't true then. I know I'm terrified for Sean's future after reading this Frito enhanced k00kout. Jade "The fact that Michael...
7
7

What is it? CLIX
If 917 is a fold-down ceiling ladder, then the dimension quoted seems strange... 16.75 inches for a little over 4 steps makes a 4 inch rise per step. I suggest it is something else, or the number is...
6
6

Pictures of my son's balsa toy ship
My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling). Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.
24
24

OOOPS! Anybody ever break an alignment in a Delta 14 inch bandsaw (or equivalent)?
Well, I did it. I was trying to install a riser in another Delta 14 inch bandsaw and I snapped the back pin in half. It was sliding out of the holes when I failed to lift the top arm evenly and it...
5
5

new table saw on Craig's List
Have no idea who owns it... thought it might be of interest here. John SAW, NEVER BEEN USED - $500 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Reply to: Date:...
3
3

Wainscoting bedrooms
I'm thinking of making wainscotting in our bedrooms. Each bedroom is about 11'x11'x 8' and the master bdrm has vaulted cealings. I'm not sure at this point of going with raised panels or flat panels....
2
2

Final sand for shellac
Finishing blanket chest. Outside sanded through 0000 steel wool and then tung oil.(4 coats thinned to 4-1) Inside using amber shellac because I'm not crazy about oils in contact with clothing....
15
15

Cabinet Drawer Question
I am building some cabinet drawers. The front of the drawere will be 3/4" pine. The sides and the back will be 1/2" baltic birch plywood. The drawer width will be 14" and the front width will be 15"....
9
9

FS--Freud woodcarving set
This is just like new--I've used a couple of these twice but that's it. We're selling the house and I would rather have these used by someone who can appreciate them than are 12 skews, finger gouges...

How Would You Move THis Entertainment Unit?
JGS Use some of the relatively thin "Teflon" furniture sliders along the bottom edges of each unit and just leave them in place. These things are relatively thin (about 1/4") and quite durable. They...
18
18

One side of a conversation
Remember the old Bob Newhart routines where you only heard his side of a telephone conversation? I heard a guy, obviously a woodworker, at the airport in Tampa a couple of weeks ago. It went something...
12
12

Want basic info.
Is there a guide to or directory of websites etc. for woodworkers? I'm interested in finding the cheapest/best sources for hard woods and equipment. I went to Amazon but seems to have only how-to and...
5
5