Zanussi gas hob adjustment for LPG

HI all

Anoher little niggle from our new place out here in beautiful West Cork (Ireland)

We have a Zanussi ZGF692 4-burner gas hob. It's been re-jetted to run on LPG (little gas bottle & regulator the other side of the wall).

It's working well, too well, in fact. You can't turn the gas down low enough to get to 'simmer' - all rings only go down to about 1/2 their maximum level.

At the last place we installed a similar gas hob, and, as well as re-jetting it for lpg, there was a screwdriver adjustment (on each valve, I think) that allowed the minimum level for each burner to be set.

Trouble is, there's no info supplied with this particular hob, and Zanussi 'Customer Service' (!!) won't help - other than to arrange a callout from their service bods - minimum 60 euro ! Right !

I wonder if anybody has installed one of these and knows where the adjustment is. I vaguely recall that, on the last hob I installed, it was accessible via a very thin screwdriver down the centre spindle of each control knob - but before I rip the knobs off and cost myself 60 euro I thought I'd ask.....

Thanks in advance Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

It's possible to download manuals for some Zanussi hobs but not yours it seems. However you might get a clue from this

Nick L

In general the low rate adjustment if it exists (down market hobs and cookers don't have the feature) is one of two types.

Either there is a little screw near the spindle accessed by removing the knob, or the screw is in the middle of the spindle. However do not operate the little screw unless you are sure that it is not one of the screws that hold the gas tap together!

Reply to
Ed Sirett

You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman ! One of the configurations shown in the pdf matched what I have on this hob - and four quick quarter-turns with my little screwdriver has solved the problem completely - lovely low flame with the controls set to 'minimum' - bloody marvellous !!

For this Zanussi wanted a big fat 60 euro call-out fee - ratbags !!

All now excellent - and Adrian's the hero of the moment

Many thanks Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Thanks - that'll be the voice of experience speaking ??

Luckily the pdf file that the other poster showed me gave instructions to turn the screw clockwise (no more than a quarter of a turn on each knob) - and the result is great - no more burnt baked beans !

Many thanks again - needed a success just at the moment - been rather too many 'not quite fixed' jobs out here in the last week....

Thanks to uk-diy - what a wonderful resource!

Adrian Happy in West Cork (for a change!)

Reply to
Adrian