Which Dyson is it for ...

In message , Peter Riocreux writes

A photo of the one you do have might be helpful :-)

Reply to
chris French

I bought, second hand, a mini turbine head for my Dyson. Except it isn't for my dyson.It attaches in a different way.

I want to give it away on Freecycle, but I don't want to give it to someone who assumes it will fit and then bins it when it doesn't, so I am trying to find out what dyson model it is for so I make sure it will fit.

However, I cannot for the life of me find one on Dyson't website, and despite having disassembled the part, I cannot find any part numbers or identifying marks whatsoever, other than the Dyson name (I do not believe it is a knock off though).

The different thing about it is that, instead of having a single clip mechanism on the top, it has two buttons, one on either side, of the attachment. Obviously I don't know what the hose side is supposed to look like. It is *very* like the mechanism where the hose attaches to the wand, but it is bigger than that and the hose doesn't stay in it. It is not like the adapters kind of buttons. - the buttons are on the outside of the ~55mm diamater pipe. There is an inner pipe of diameter

25mm that is also unusual.

The normal attachment is like this:

The buttons that it is *like* are at the handle end of this:

The adapter it is *not* like is:

Can anyone identify, from my description, the model it fits? So far, all the models I have looked at have the same mechanism (commendable of Dyson to not change it, pity they don't put part numbers on ...)

Pete

Reply to
Peter Riocreux

I didn't have a place to upload them, but I have opened a Picasa account:

Pete

Reply to
Peter Riocreux