Dyson problem

Our Dyson is not performing as well as it did. I have tried to clear all the passages but with no success. There may be a method of clearing the passages and if anyone knows I would be much obliged Blair

Reply to
Blair

First tell us which model!

Reply to
Bob Eager

(1) Take to dump & throw in skip.

(2) Buy Numatic tub or Sebo upright.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It is the Dyson dual cyclone. I have looked for a reference number but neither on the machine or the handbook does it give a number ,only Dual Cyclone Blair

Reply to
Blair

They are all dual cyclone (I think)! There should be a number such as DC01, DC02, or DC something. Usually in big letterss...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Although all Dyson's are non-bag there are filters in the exhaust air-stream. On the earliest DC01(?) these were two separate disposable 'pads', one of which fitted at the beginning of the air-stream path and the other at the exit of the air-stream path - one later models the filter is a large washable foam pad located towards the exit of the air-stream. The statement 'isn't working like it used to be ... ' is indicative of a filter(s) that needs to be thrown away/ cleaned.

when my wife and I were trying out the latest Dyson in a branch of a well-known 'electrical-retailer-shed' we were somewhat distracted by a couple (relatively young) who'd brought a 'Dyson' back complaining that 'it isn't picking up like it used to ...' . The machine they had with them was still full of muck and dirt - they hadn't bothered to empty it! The staff-member looked at the machine; asked a few questions of the "When did you buy it?" type ... then pulled out the filter - which was caked in dirt. Saying to the customers; - 'You realise you're supposed to clean the filter?' ; he emptied the collector, placed a new filter into the machine and - voila! Lot's of suction ....!

As my wife commented .... 'I'd have been mortified to take such a dirty machine back to a retailer!' I retorted, 'They've got the same amount of power deciding who is going to be the Prime Minister as we do!" Of course, that could explain a lot :(

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Although all Dyson's are non-bag there are filters in the exhaust air-stream. On the earliest DC01(?) these were two separate disposable 'pads', one of which fitted at the begining of the air-stream path and the other at the exit of the air-stream path - one later models the filter is a large washable foam pad located towards the exit of the air-stream. The statement 'isn't working like it used to be ... ' is indicative of a filter(s) that needs to be thrown away/ cleaned.

when my wife and I were trying out the latest Dyson in a branch of a well-known 'electrical-retailer-shed' we were somewhat distracted by a couple (relatively young0 who'd brought a 'Dyson' back complaining that 'it isn't picking up like it used to ...' . The machine they had with them was still full of muck and dirt - they hadn't bothered to empty it! The staff-member looked at the machine; asked a few questions of the "When did you buy it?" type ... then pulled out the filter - which was caked in dirt. Saying to the customers; - 'You realise you're supposed to clean the filter?' ; he emptied the collector, placed a new filter into the machine and - voila! Lot's of suction ....! As my wife commented .... 'I'd have been mortified to take such a dirty machine back to a retailer!' I retorted, 'They've got the same amount of power deciding who is going to be the Prime Minister as we do!" Of course, that could expalin a lot :(

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Find the washable filter(s) in the unit, remove and either wash or replace.

The "No loss of suction" claim is bollix because as these get blocked over time the suction in reduced!

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

powerful to blow through all the channels and now the Dyson is working perfectly again! Our model is 10 years old Blair

Reply to
Blair

That must be a record. Ours lasted 4 years before I got fed up with buying replacement plastic parts, so bought a Sebo. Do you know some people have set up companies and make a living on Dyson's unreliability?

Reply to
Triple Jumper