Dyson refurb

ISTR a standing offer by Dyson to refurb their cyclones in any condition fo r £50. The website currently says £79 + filters + accessories though - is there a better deal out there still?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

yes.

VacsRus if yu are in suffolk.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , snipped-for-privacy@care2.com writes

Probably not. I recently considered a DIY job on replacing the motor in my DC03. The plan was overtaken by events - the cooker needed a new cooling fan, the brushes failed on the washing machine motor, and the straps on the roll up garage door started snapping. So I went for the £79 job on the Dyson and was I glad I did. The guy had it in pieces on the floor. If I'd had a camera I could have given you the equivalent of an exploded parts diagram. It was in pieces. I was reminded of the immortal words of Mr Haynes - assembly is the opposite of disassembly. Given that the motor would have cost about £40 and I got a new base plate thrown in it was well worth it.

Reply to
bert