!!! Website SCAM or NOT - www.whotouse.co.uk - are they genunine? Have u used their people?

I am looking for a good roofer and central heating repair company. This site professes to take customers experiences to generate the recommended services it displays.

I want to know if they are genuine or just a marketing ploy.

Reply to
Aunt Buffy

One can never be sure - but on a scale of probabilities, I would say 99% likely to be a scam.

If you want to test it, and you've £50 to spare, get 3 mates to write bogus references for you and try to get on their list of recommended tradesmen. I bet you would succeed!

The people they recommend *may* be perfectly ok - but I suspect that the recommendation depends more on their willingness to fork out 50 quid p.a. than on the quality of their work.

Reply to
Set Square

I`d be tempted to ask how a company gets listed with them in the first place...

Perhaps email them semi-anonymously about how you get on their books...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

It tells you, if you look at their website! (referenced in the title). You need three "customer" references and 50p quid!

Reply to
Set Square

Thanks for all the replies.

Does anyone know of other websites that may possess customer opinions/recommendations on tradesmen?

Reply to
Aunt Buffy

I am now sceptical of the site (see my other replies).

Does anyone know of other web sites the feature customer opinions/recommendations on tradesmen?

Reply to
Aunt Buffy

I have to say I am very suspicious. I looked at the contractors listed locally to me and can't say I've ever heard of any of them.

The best place to find reputable roofing contractors is here:

heating contractors here:
are properly regulated and recognised industry-standard trade associations to which all reputable contractors belong. They will not recommend dodgy contractors and will investigate complaints I believe.

HTH Peter

Reply to
Peter Taylor

Ha Ha HA HA HA !!!!!! Yeah, Right and they do. They take the money from the trader they register and never do any inspections on their work if the trader doesn't supply names and addresses to them. Some traders only supply names and addresses of customers that they know they will get good references from anyway.

Ask around your friends and workmates and local shops for recommendations on tradesmen in your area. Word of mouth from locals is the best way to find a good worker.

Reply to
BigWallop