They have their nerve

The most common restriction for older drivers is to require glasses or corrective contact lenses.

In Maryland, other common requirements the MVA may impose on older drivers include:

no freeway driving an additional right side mirror on a vehicle no nighttime driving time of day restrictions?for example, no driving during rush hour traffic supports to ensure a proper driving position geographic area restrictions, and wearing bioptic telescopic lens when driving.

How intrusive.

They have their nerve. Next thing you know they'll be wanting us to get vaccinated or wear masks.

Reply to
micky

Not necessarily with age but with impairment. Here in DE everyone needs eye test and will get an eight year renewal irregardless of age. If showing impairment as severe as some cited for MD they would probably lose their license. With the virus DE has been skipping the eye test as you would have to put your head into an eyepiece to look at the eye chart.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Other states, eg NJ, do nothing. I have a friend in his late 70s that not only has severe vision problems that started over a decade ago, but terrible driving habits. Like talking on the phone when driving. He does use the car's bluetooth that's connected to his phone, but it's still distracting and not something someone with poor vision should be doing. He's already had front end damage when he ran over something on the highway that he didn't see. Most of his talking is to his idiot daughter, who calls him many times a day and who should know better. We used to go skiing together, he'd be yapping away with her, just chit chat about nothing for twenty minutes at a time while driving 70 at night. I rarely talk on the phone when driving and then only for a few minutes, for something really necessary. I've warned him many times, didn't do any good. He also drives 60 in the left lane, people passing him one after the other on the right. I suspect he's headed for a big wreck one day. And I would think if he went for a vision test, probably a good chance they would put some restrictions on him.

Reply to
trader_4

That sounds pretty meaningless since Maryland, like many democrat states, has decided not to prosecute or even effect low level arrests like driver license violations. but that ban might not apply to old white men, only young black people.

gfretwell

On Sun, 29 Aug 2021 13:27:15 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com posted for all of us to digest...

Slam bam, thank you ma'am

Reply to