Wax on windscreen

In message , Clive George writes

Highly likely, my next door neighbour asked me to have a look at his car because his washers weren't. After I'd replaced the pipework, flushed the bottle/pump out and ultrasonically cleaned the nozzles it all worked nicely, he claimed he'd been using it for years. Friend's wife also used it and had it sorted by the dealer as the car was under warranty (ouch). I suspect that pre-mixing it would work fine but they had just squeezed a bit into the washer bottle without mixing it so it accumulated and blocked the pipes.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

The message from Clint Sharp contains these words:

I had to fix a Fiat once which had some sort of water infection. It smelt dreadful and the water had turned to a sort of snot coloured snot textured slime. In the end I had to blow it all out with the airline and flush it all through with hot Milton solution to stop it happening again. Vile it was, but the owner reckoned she'd only ever used proper screenwash concentrate.

Reply to
Guy King

I bought some Asda screenwash earlier in the year and it fermented to the same, absolutely vile. I washed it all out and dosed the system with a few drops of Jeye's fluid as suggested on some other newsgroup. It was OK for a couple of weeks but slowly it went bad again. I repeated the process and changed to a different brand of screenwash, had no problem since.

HLAH

Toothpaste (according to my father, not tried it myself)

Reply to
Jim Hatfield