"Mary Fisher" wrote
| "Sneezy" wrote
| > Moral - be extra, extra careful with candles!
| As a (beeswax) candle maker I'd endorse that but they really aren't
| dangerous in themselves - only when abused.
As it seems that candles, electricity generation and distribution
resiliency, and emergency lighting, are currently or fairly recently popular
topics of conversation here:
Investigators have been trying to find out what caused a fire which killed a
woman and her grandchild. The fire broke out at 60-year-old Ellen Simpson's
cottage in Wanlockhead, Dumfries and Galloway, at 0400 GMT on New Year's
Day. The woman and her 13-year-old granddaughter, who was staying there with
her mother, died. One theory is that candles being used during a power cut
may have been the source of the blaze.