Hotpoint Washer Wiring Diagram Needed

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a wiring diagram for a Hotpoint washer Model 9537?

Many Thanks

Reply to
Kevin Gibbs

Have you looked inside the casing? Many machines (don't know about Hotpoint specifically) seem to have them on the back of one of the panels.

Reply to
Set Square

My ol` man used to fix them until he left about 6 months ago - what`s the problem, I can always bounce the query his way :-p

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Cheers Colin, The machine is tripping the ELCB. It appears to be doing it when heating the water i.e. fills with water, turns a few times and waits. I can't find my megga to test for earth leakage, so I've just pulled the wires off the element for now (all taped up etc).

*BUT* since then, the machine will not now fill with water - but only on a 60 degree wash! (40 degrees OK)

I've also been told (this is not my machine by the way), that the machine was only tripping the ELCB on a 60 degree wash (I initially thought that the water was hot enough to not require heating at 40 degrees).

So, I'm very interested in what could possibly be so different between

40 and 60 degree washes - I thought it was simply the water temp.

Just as a post note, I've noticed that the "Economy Wash" button will not stay in when pressed - was wondering if that could have blown and be leaking to earth.

All in all, that's why I was looking for a wiring diagram.

Thanks for any help - Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Gibbs

Doh! Ignore the above - been given incorrect info. Just been to look at it (cos it made no sense at all), and the bl**dy fill pipe was kinked!

So, to recap, I'm still after a wiring diagram to locate the orig problem - the tripping of the ELCB (even though my money is on the element).

Once again, many thanks - Kevin

Reply to
zen15254

bl**dy fill

If you have disconnected the element, and this has cured the tripping, then it is 99.9% that the fault is in the element. On some Hotpoints, the drum drops when the bearings are faulty (even if the bearings sound OK, when the drum is rotated by hand), this causes the front of the drum to cut into the element when the drum is loaded, so if you remove the element, check that it has not got any nice new shiny marks, that look like something has been rubbing on it, because if it has, the bearings will need replacing as well.

Reply to
Gavin Gillespie

Will do. But I'm putting off removing the element for now cos it looks like the whole drum has to be removed out of the case to do that. I'll wait to see if the tripping has stopped and then attack it (unless I can find my megga in the meantime).

Thanks Gavin - Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Gibbs

Dunno which model, but on ours you take off the front panel (easy) and remove teh front of the tub by releasing about a dozen clips. The element comes off with the tub front....easy.

Reply to
Bob Eager