Car Wax On Tile Tub Surround?

Wax if you'd like but use a grout sealer. Rain-X for glass shower doors.

Reply to
G Henslee

I just got done re-grouting my tile tub surround. It was alot of work but now looks nice. I'm preparing to seal it with grout sealer. I've also heard some people use "spray and wash" among other things to seal out moisture.

I thought about using car wax on the whole surround (after the grout sealer). Has anyone done this or know of a reason why it wouldn't work? I have a random orbital buffer so that might make it easier.

This is a 23 year old surround that I also had to repair before re-grouting. Moisture had gotten behind the tiles and rotted out the wallboard, tiles were falling ect. big mess. I just want to make extra sure that it's sealed against moisture this time. I though the wax might shiny it up too, though it's pretty shiny now after buffing the grout haze off.

Reply to
BenB.