Ungrateful Bastards

Of course a true professional like TMH would have looked online for the most expensive rate, then discounted it by 10% and thought he was doing his customers a favour!

Reply to
Jim Newman

Poor old girl!, perhaps you should offer to take her out for a drink Dave but prolly she'll keel over with shock when she sees what an expensive hobby that is these days...

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , SS scribeth thus

Seems thats the nature of the public these days;(...

Reply to
tony sayer

The exact phrasing of the question is important I expect the people asked got the impression your wife was looking to share a taxi with them not offering a lift. Just asking the other peoples destination without saying why I can easyly see how this misunderstanding came about.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yep, and they were all scared to offer to share "their" taxi.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

"Och, son, we'll gae halves. There's ten boab"

Or was this before you moved?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

IMO there should be a Part Tea in the building regs.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Another wanker who has never been self employed.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I did have a 76 year old lady trying to beat me down on a quote yesterday :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

So, what was the actual fault ?

Reply to
geoff

The customers are on a pre payment gas meter and they were out of gas/credit.

Total wankers IMHO

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Does being self employed justify overcharging your customers?

When I charge expenses to my customer, I charge the actual amount, not some made up figure.

I charge a separate amount for my expertise and skills.

The customer knows what are the costs of 'me', and can also check on the specific expenses for the job.

You may choose to do it differently, but it cannot be denied that you're overcharging the extra costs onto your customers.

Reply to
Jim Newman

Anyone with a brian cell charges a markup on parts.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Really? I charge for my skills and my time; I don't charge an extra 140% on parts.

But hey, maybe you do.

I just wonder why you are so defensive about it.

Reply to
Jim Newman

What the f*ck are you talking about?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

"ARWadsworth" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Now _that's_ funny...

Reply to
Adrian

You got that bit right! ;-)

Reply to
Bob Martin

If you don't try, you don't get. We don't have a bargaining philosophy in this country, but if we did no doubt the starting price would be at least twice as high and there would be people getting ripped off.

Reply to
robgraham

They hadn't had a snowman stolen last week, had they?

Reply to
PeterC

So you think Tesco should sell you beans at cost?

Re: Parts and labour - both are valid methods:

1) Markup parts and charge less labour 2) Parts at discount (trade cost) and higher levels of labour + admin overhead plus time (at labour rates) to obtain part. 1) is in my view simpler for the customer to cope with rather than a pointless excercise in summarising every internal cost.
Reply to
Tim Watts