water off this morning

bring back the 50g cold 25g hot storage .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I still have mine, but of course you have to boil any water from the tank these days as you might get some horrible disease from it otherwise. Having said that for many years nobody ever bothered and are still here. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Mmmm, just about to have my morning bath.

Are you near Renfrew?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I am not sure that nobody ever bothered Tank water was regarded as ok for washing and cleaning teeth, but not for deliberately drinking or cooking when I was young. And I'm pretty sure that occasionally fishing out the dead rodents was routine before tank lids.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Ah ours always had a lid. Maybe a few dead insects are good for you? No I'm really referring to the act of brushing ones teeth in the bathroom where only tank water was available and still is and although I've swallowed it from time to time nothing seems to have happened to me at all, and back in the days of living in a flat in old Wandswarth as a family the water was from a tank several floors up the only mains water was a tap in the scullery near the copper. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

So why was the baby always the last one to use the bathwater, hence throwing the baby out with the bathwater? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

50 grams isnt enough to make a cup to tea with.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Blood in the bathwater meant another dead crow in the water tank

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

'Cos it wasn't toilet trained.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

I hope you mean gallons!

Reply to
Capitol

How do you get hold of the water in the hot tank?

Reply to
Max Demian

The gravity cold water in the cold water tank pushes it through.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Would you not, um make sure it was empty before you started though? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

He means gal one supposes. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

They are usually made so you can't drain the hot tank by tap so the immersion doesn't go dry.

Reply to
Max Demian

But this design also arises from the desire to get the hot water (rises) first before the cold.

Reply to
Roger Hayter
[re baby being the last one in the bath]

I was thinking of the old geordie mining families where the tin bath was brought in from the back yard, put in front of the living room fire and filled with hot water. Father, covered in coal dust from the pit, was first in the bath, then mother, then the children, each in progressively colder and dirtier water. It didn't get emptied until the end.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

Babies would no doubt be covered in s*1t at the end of the month and.... big people would want hotter water whereas babies would want the coolest water by my reckoning. So babies last.

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk