Ungrateful Bastards

Most unhealthy.

So add the milk then.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Was down in Sheffield last week after striving through sleet, snow and glom of nit to collect my car.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Oh! yes. you can still get a pint of milk outside a supermarket. I think. for that price.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

In this country we have what we call "MONNEEE". You go to what we call a "POOST OFFICCCE" or a "NEWWWSS AGENTS" and give the gentleman some MONNNEEE...

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Start off with moving the programmer to check the signal is not blocked, then try re-pairing them up again. Other than that, swap it.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Chavenbrau is cheaper than milk

Reply to
Andy Dingley

No way. Stale tea is horrible.

I keep a kettle, two unbreakable cups, tea, coffee, sugar and coffee mate in the van. The coffee mate is for emergencies (ie no shops nearby for fresh whole fat milk).

Reply to
ARWadsworth

You're only having to do that because tim.... is a mean bastard.

Having only been moved in a year we've had a succession of folk coming in and their expertise is valued. There's always a brew on offer to their spec.

Reply to
Tim Streater

When I was working in the aerospace industry, I had a coffee maker in the bottom drawer of my desk in front of the aircraft.

I used to use long life cream, but never coffee mate. It was disgusting.

I miss the coffee now.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Apparently the Brits working on German building sites in the 80s used to have a large bucket on the go with about 50 tea bags floating around in it, much to the amusement of the locals

Reply to
stuart noble

A decent repair person will keep at least some of the commonly needed bits in stock. If they are then 'sold' to the customer at 'cost', how do you recover the investment of actually bothering to stock these parts?

But perhaps you thing it ok to charge directly for the time and expenses of a visit to B&Q or whatever for one thingie.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Buy at trade prices, charge retail.

It worked for me when I was in charge of pricing stuff at the garage I worked at. In fact, I often charged (Checkable) retail less a percentage to show a discount, and the client was even happier.

Reply to
John Williamson

Indeed.

I do wonder about some dealer's mark up, though. I recently bought an inlet manifold gasket for my old Rover from a Land Rover main dealer - didn't want to wait for the post. Cost 28 quid. 3 times the price of one mail order. And probably from the same maker.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Quite possibly, for a part like that.

The main dealer mark up *is* often quite generous. What I found, though, was that if I bought a pallet load of, say, filters, direct from the makers, the price was very low per unit, but I had to find room to store them for anything up to a year, which cost a fair bit. That's what pushes dealer costs up, well, that and the logo on the high street door. Their discount on small orders isn't that good, either, from what I remember.

The postal supplier has a warehouse on a trading estate, so his rent's lower, and he doesn't have to impress the people walking past, so his shop's cheaper to set up. He also turns his stock over more quickly, and often carries a smaller range, so he's not subsidising the slower selling items with the faster turnover stuff. The extreme with some postal suppliers is where they have zero stock, and wait for enough orders to come in so they can buy a batch.

Reply to
John Williamson

Or they simply contract the manufacturer to drop ship to the customer. Seems pretty common for larger items.

Reply to
Piers Finlayson

In this case I'd guess the costs were pushed up by me being served - at a desk in the showroom - by a chap in a suit. No stores counter. Not surprising, I suppose, given how Land Rover have pushed up market. Even my local BMW dealer has a stores counter with a storeman in protective clothing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Hope you didn't forget the safety word

Reply to
geoff

In message , geoff writes

Has the NG died?

Just checking

Reply to
geoff

Point me in the direction of where your drinking .. a quid for a pint!! the holy grail!!

Reply to
Matthew.Ridges

1985 is that way ---->
Reply to