Tonight's Property Ladder, Channel 4

Page 15 of 16

You have to. It is good for you.

I spent the best part of 5 years living between Paris and London. Paris beats London by a mile. Food is cheap and "very" good.

seems to

about
(those
in.
I like his war on drivers. London is choking under cars. Something has to be done.

Paris is subsidised. London get little. Thatcher neglected the system so much it will take 10 years to get it back to the way it was and another 10 to try and keep up. A lose, lose situation.

Then get out of a big city! and stop whinging.

amazes
have

OK, food is good too. But it is NOT foreigner freindly. A very arrogant city.

Yes, something does. But look at the demographic of the people driving on the roads and clogging them up. SCHOOL RUNS ... grrrr ... there, I said it. What the hell happened to walking or school buses! Now I'm going to stop before I get really angry!
Oh .. and city tosspots who don't even notice the congestion charge as they cruise by in their 3.0 exec saloon ...

I really have no answers for what to do in London or Britain in general with trains and tubes. The damage of the last 25 years is beyond belief. But *something* needs to be done. It's embarrasing!
al wrote:
Oh .. and city tosspots who don't even notice the congestion charge as they

4 liter please. :-)

al wrote:

SF is OK if you happen to be gay. Otherwise its rather dull IMHO.

Indeed, but there is precious little fun to be had anymore.

There is no fun living in the middle of nowhere that is certain. There is lots of fun around me.

Other people having it at your expense?

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

is
Andy, you are so funny. LOL Boiled beef and cabbage, boiled beef and cabbage,...

Miiiaaaaoooowwww...... ;)
PoP
If you really must use the email address provided with my newsreader please be aware that the email is processed with spamcop. As a result your email to me might be treated as spam!
IMM wrote:

Please keep on topic. We wree discussing driving.
Ther is far more fun to be had driving 'in the middle of nowhere'

is
Driving?

<snip/>

... or like live music, or great theatre, or restaurants from countries you'd forgotten existed ...
... and that's without heading across the Bay Bridge to Berkeley, or the GG to Marin ...

You really must have been looking in the wrong places :-)
Julian
--
Julian Fowler

Can't say I agree, that's a little sweeping ....

You'd be surprised ... outside of rush hour ...!

have
SF certainly certainly has something London lacks - a drugged up beggar on nearly every street corner. I've never seen so many down and outs in any city including London.
Adrian M. wrote:

Or som many chaps with earrings blowing kisses at you from every bar...

on
You seem to be getting a bit hung up on the gay scene in SF ... don't start proving generalisations about small town mentalities to be right ....
al wrote:

Mate, I have a couple of very dear gay friends, and have also known a few gay people I would dearly like to personally stand over and kick.
I am not enamored of Amsterdams red light district either.
San francisco is the worst example of the 'Essex girl' type, with trousers on.

on.
He hates people from Essex now. It is getting worse.

IMM wrote:

Thats all right IMM. I am totally egalitarian. I hate all dick heads without regard to race, color, or creed.

trousers
My God! Everyone in Essex is a dickhead now. Getting worse. Has anyone notified the clinic?

on.
It's a long time since I've been out there so I don't really know what it's like there now. Back in the '80's it seemed far less trashy than you imply. Anyway ... Essex girls fight all the time - when the last time you saw a big gay punch up!? It's Essex boys in their pathetic little wannabe cars that annoy me ...